The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
The aim of the project is to develop new methods for biological research that are not based on animal models ("non-animal testing"). Bio-printed 3D cell cultures are created that are NMR-compatible and will enable to study transport processes in such tissue-like models in vitro.
In the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in Dortmund we invite applications for aPost-doctoral position/Scientist (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for:
- Bio-printing 3D cell culture models and developing appropriate microfluidics to maintain physiological conditions during NMR measurements
- Running and maintaining two 600 MHz NMR spectrometer equipped with cryo- and MAS-probe.
- Conceptual planning of new NMR experiments
- Evaluation and interpretation of large data sets of metabolites/lipids
- Applying suitable statistical methods for data evaluation
- Supervision and assistance of experiments with internal and external cooperating/collaborating partners
- Presentation and publication of the research results as well as obtaining third party funding
- University degree in Physics/Chemistry/ Biochemistry (or a similar subject) with a strong interest in life science
- Advanced experience in NMR spectroscopy
- English (advanced), German (basics)
- Knowledge in Cell-culture/ 3D cell culture is eligible
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills are preferable
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
- Extensive “on-board” training and mobile working possibilities.
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and therefore particularly encourages women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is available immediately. It is fixed-termed and offered for three years.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber .
Closing date for application is October 4, 2023. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number LP_228/2023 in the subject header) as one pdf document to bewerbungen(at)isas.de . Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the Human Resources team (bewerbungen(at)isas.de ). For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de/en .
Research Fellow (Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Dr. Boxiang Liu on leveraging functional genomics approaches to understand the molecular mechanisms of complex diseases. The main responsibi...
Research Assistant (Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Dr. Boxiang Liu on performing snRNA-seq experiment and leveraging functional genomics approaches to understand the molecular mechanisms of t...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Skin, Alternative Splicing, And Single Cell Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Description of the research group Kasper Lab. With our research – rooted within the fields of skin and stem cell biology – we aim to answ...
Ph.D. Student Or Post Doc (F/M/D) To Study Evolutionary Aspects Of Plant Cell Biology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
05.02.2024, Wissenschaftliches Personal A fully funded Ph.D. student or PostDoc position is available in the group of Dr. Philipp Denninger at the Chair of Plant Systems Biology of the School of L...
Post Doc In Intracellular Signaling, Nature Careers, United States, 11 days ago
National Institutes of Health, USA Postdoctoral Position Postdoctoral position is available immediately at the National Institutes of Health in the laboratory of David B. Sacks to study intracellu...
Research Assistant Position Immunology/Cancer Immunotherapy Lab (Beltra Group) , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 9 hours ago
The Department of Biomedicine is a joint effort between the University of Basel and the University Hospitals Basel. It unites basic and clinical scientists to advance our understanding of health a...