13.06.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We seek enthusiastic individuals to join our Neural Interfacing research team, for the development of real-time decoding for Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI) (e.g., brain-controlled robots) for patients with severe upper limb motor impairments, such as Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and stroke.
We seek enthusiastic individuals to join our Neural Interfacing research team, for the development of real-time decoding for Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI) (e.g., brain controlled robots) for patients with severe upper limb motor impairments, such as Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and stroke. The ideal candidate should have high motivation and willingness to work in a big international and interdisciplinary team, as well as demonstrated skills in peer-reviewed manuscript preparation.
The Postdoc for the Neural Interfacing research field will contribute to the research for Brain-Computer Interfaces:
- Driving the experimental work on a regular basis
- Publishing the outcomes of the work in peer-reviewed journals
- Closely collaborating with the Doctoral candidates working on Brain and Neuromuscular Interfaces
- Working for the success of research projects
- Closely collaborating with the Senior Scientist responsible for the Neural Interfacing Field
- Participation in project proposals writing
- Mentoring M.Sc. and B.Sc. students
- Master degree in electrical engineering, control engineering, cybernetics, robotics or other related fields
- Ph.D in the above fields or fields related to Neuroscience or Human-Machine Interfaces
- Biomedical signal processing (filtering, high-dimensional data processing
- single unit activity
- local field potentials
- kinematic data
- Experimental design
- Real-time systems and algorithms
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or Python/Matlab
- Low-level machine learning
- Control theory and systems
- Experience in mentoring M.Sc. and B.Sc. students
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral)
Good to have qualifications:
- Acquisition of high-resolution neurophysiological data
- Building electronics and embedded system
- Experience with patient studies (with motor disabilities
- German language knowledge (or willingness to learn)
What we offer, benefits:
- Exciting research with high impact in the intersection between Brain-Computer Interfaces, and Robotics
- Opportunity to work in a unique and leading lab equipped with acquisition systems for electrophysiology data and motion tracking systems up to various robots and mechanical/electrical workshops
- Opportunity to collaborate with researchers at MIRMI and collaborators working in multiple fields such as robotics and human modeling
- Established collaboration with medical doctors in the field of Neurosurgery and Neurorehabilitation
- Salary according to the public German system TV-L E13
We look forward to receiving your detailed application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae and certificates). Please upload them with subject " 9MIRMIPostdoc’’ via the following link: https://airtable.com/shr52glIqEwIUm7ix. The deadline for applications for this position is 15th July, 2023.
Contact for questions:
Dr. Melissa Zavaglia
Neural Interfacing Lab
Technische Universität München
Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Postdoc Position In Computational Neuroscience, University of Twente, Netherlands, 6 days ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Twente Research Field Physics » Biophysics Neurosciences » Neurophysiology Mathematics » Applied mathematics Engineering » Biomedical...
2 Postdoctoral Researcher, 1 Research Associate Positions: Mechanobiology And Vascularization In Bioengineered Neurodevelopment, Laboratory Of Bioengineering And Morphogenesis, Ku Leuven, KU Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KU Leuven Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Belgium Application Deadline 15 Oct 2023 - 00:00...
Postdoc In Large Scale Brain Neural Networks For Microgrids (2023 224 05489), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Aalborg University contributes to the knowledge building of the global society as well as the development of prosperity, welfare and culture of Danish society. This is accomplished through researc...
Neuroscience Postdoctoral Scholar Positions – University Of Calgary, Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Canada, about 3 hours ago
Duration: Minimum 2 years Start date: Jan 2024 (negotiable) Salary: TBD, plus medical benefits The projects: The Kurrasch Lab currently has three open postdoctoral positions (fully funded): Projec...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Cognitive Neuroscience, ETH Zürich, Switzerland, 13 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company ETH Zürich Research Field Neurosciences » Neurology Computer science » Other Neurosciences » Other Psychological sciences » Psychology Researcher Pr...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Cognitive Neuroscience , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 1 hour ago
100%, Zurich, fixed-term A postdoctoral research fellow position is available that will address novel questions in social and cognitive neuroscience using a combination of behavioural measures and...