PostDoc position: Application of a novel type of delivery vehicle to transfer RNA into stem cells and primary mouse tissue
02.02.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
Within the ‘Chair of Developmental Genetics’, our group combines cutting-edge cell and protein engineering methods for developing novel molecular tools to precisely manipulate the genome and transcriptome of cells and organisms. We apply these tools to various disease models ranging from cell lines and patient-derived stem cells to mouse models. In the past, we used our technologies to treat devasting diseases like Parkinson’s Disease, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, or COVID-19 in cellular and animal models. Recently, we developed a synthetic protein to package and transfer RNA into target cell types. With this tool, we were able to express reporter and CRISPR proteins in up to 99% of cells. We now seek to further improve this technology by screening multiple configurations of the transfer protein, by programming target cell types, and by applying the technology to different cellular, ex vivo, and in vivo preclinical models.
- Cultivation/differentiation of iPSCs into different lineages and isolation/cultivation of different primary cells from mouse tissue
- Transfer of different RNA cargos into cellular models to induce gene activation, differentiation processes, genome editing, etc.
- Characterization of cell-type specificity, immunological, morphological, and molecular response to cargo delivery in differentiated stem cells and isolated primary mouse tissue
- Analysis of delivery efficiencies and benchmarking against conventional delivery technologies (LNP, AAVs)
- Supporting in vivo proof-of-concept studies
- Writing of manuscripts and drafting of scientific illustrations
- Contribution to patent applications and commercialization strategies
- Supervision of students (if desired)
Your Scientific Qualifications:
- PhD in Biology / Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Biochemistry or related fields
- Good publication record, preferentially with first author publication
- Experience in maintaining and differentiating stem cells into different cell types and/or isolation and cultivation of different primary mouse tissue
- Hands-on experience in cellular assays and analytical techniques (e.g., Luciferase assays, Fluorescence microscopy, Immunostaining, Western Blot, High content image analysis, Flow Cytometry, etc.)
- Skills in transcriptomic profiling of cell types and states (bulk RNA-Seq and/or Single-cell Sequencing) is an advantage
- Knowledge of Genome Editing technologies (e.g., Cas9, Cas13, Base Editing, Prime Editing, CRISPRa/i) is an advantage
- Experience in the work with mice desired
Your Personal Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for applying molecular tools to solve biomedical needs
- Drive to work toward highly ambitious scientific goals
- Passion for innovating at the interface of research and clinical translation
- Commitment to working in a fast-moving and highly competitive field
- Additional words to describe you: Proactive, reliable, multi-tasker, team worker
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
Embedded in the flourishing research environment of two world-class universities, renowned research institutes in the greater Munich area and equipped with state-of-the-art instruments, the Helmholtz Center Munich – at which our laboratory is located - is an outstanding place for conducting research and for career development. Beyond scientific excellence, Munich offers a wide range of leisure activities ranging from numerous lakes to the close vicinity of the alps.
Salary is in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (federal government). The position is initially limited to two years and should begin as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a letter of motivation, CV, and contact details of at least two references to ‘email@example.com’. Additionally, we ask you to decide for one of your publications and tell us what it makes so special for you personally.
Curious? Don’t hesitate to contact us for additional information. Join us on our mission toward a new era of precise RNA-based medicines!
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Research Assistant In Cell Biology And Biochemistry , University of Basel, Switzerland, about 3 hours ago
Research Assistant in Cell Biology and Biochemistry (100%) As of June 2023 or upon agreement The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the leading Life Sciences Institutes in the world. ...
Postdoc Position In The ‘Cell And Tissue Dynamics’ Group, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 1 day ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Postdoc Position (E13) At The Leibniz Institute For Immunotherapy (Lit) With Flexible Starting Date (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 5 hours ago
Postdoc position (E13) at the Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (LIT) with flexible starting date (m/f/d) The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) (http://www.r...
Postdoc In Highly Multiplexed Tissue Imaging Based Precision Medicine, University of Zurich (UZH), Switzerland, 28 days ago
Postdoc in Highly-Multiplexed Tissue Imaging based Precision Medicine in the Bodenmiller Lab at the University of Zurich and ETH Zurich The project and position: Cancer is a complex tissue disease...
Postdoc Early Human Embryo Development And Pluripotency: Leuven, Belgium, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 10 days ago
(ref. BAP-2023-132) Laatst aangepast : 9/03/2023 The Laboratory of Cellular Reprogramming and Epigenetic Regulation at the KU Leuven is seeking a highly motivated postdoc to study cell fate specif...
Postdoc In Bioinformatics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Applications are invited for a postdoc position in Bioinformatics in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.com/) at the Department of...