Ph.D. Student (f/m/d) Conceptual design of an electrochemical reactor for the sustainable production of C1 chemicals
05.12.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We are looking for a motivated Ph.D. student interested in developing novel processes that boost the production of bio-based liquid fuels and other chemicals through electrical energy supplied to electrochemical / electro-biotechnological reactor concepts. Such concepts aim at replacing fossil raw materials in value-added chains. The advertised position is part of a large cooperation project with partners from industry and academia. The candidate will measure and model data on the reaction kinetics and mass transfer in reactive chemical systems. A reactor concept is developed with two other research groups at the TUM Campus Straubing who specialize in electrochemical processes. The final goal is to build a demonstrator on the mini-plant scale.
We are looking for a motivated Ph.D. student interested in developing novel processes that boost the production of bio-based liquid fuels and other chemicals through electrical energy supplied to electrochemical / electro-biotechnological reactor concepts. Such concepts aim at replacing fossil raw materials in value-added chains. The advertised position is part of a large cooperation project with partners from industry and academia. The candidate will measure and model data on the reaction kinetics and mass transfer in reactive chemical systems. A reactor concept is developed with two other research groups at the TUM Campus Straubing who specialize in electrochemical processes. The final goal is to build and build a demonstrator on the mini-plant scale.
• High motivation and commitment to scientific excellence
• Above-average Master Degree / Diploma in engineering (chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, or related disciplines).
• Experience in/Dedication to: planning and conducting chemical experiments, chemical analysis, process modeling/simulation, and optimization
• Team player skills and enthusiasm to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment
• Excellent command of the English language
• Interest in leading undergraduate students and participating in our teaching efforts
• Deep immersion in modern research on renewable fuels using state-of-the-art laboratory infrastructure
• TUM is one of the most renowned universities worldwide. TUM's graduate school offers inspiring and challenging Ph.D. programs, which supplement the research training with outstanding opportunities for career development, continued education, and life-long learning.
• The Straubing Campus for Biotechnology and Sustainability is a fairly new integrative research center to provide the technological and economic foundation for a more sustainable economy through highly interdisciplinary research. Straubing is the region's local hub for social and cultural life, situated on the Bavarian forest gate, directly on the Danube river.
• We offer a competitive salary and benefits depending on work experience and seniority under the public service wage agreement of the Free State of Bavaria - TV-L E13 (100%). The position is non-permanent, aiming to reach a Ph.D.
• As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women and others who would bring additional diversity to the university's research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application in German or English, which includes at least the following: 1. Cover letter/Motivation letter (~ 1 page) 2. Curriculum Vitae 3. Complete set of academic transcripts of records 4. Transcripts of records of last secondary school degree, e.g., Abitur
*For the application, you can send the transcripts in any of the following languages: German, English, French, Italian, or Spanish (Translations do not have to be certified for application, only after acceptance.)
We appreciate the application is compiled into a single, reasonably compressed PDF file and sent via email to email@example.com. Please use "Application for Ph.D. Position 5" as the subject line and indicate when you would be available to start the position.
If you are interested in more than one open position in our laboratory, please send only one application and indicate which positions you are interested in.
The deadline for applications is December 31st, 2022.
For further information, please contact: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jakob Burger Laboratory of Chemical Process Engineering Tel. +49 9421 187 275 firstname.lastname@example.org http://ctv.cs.tum.de/
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 2 days ago
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), alegal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz Ass...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor In Mechanical Engineering, NEW UZBEKISTAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
About the Department This is an exciting opportunity to join Department of Mechanical Engineering at New Uzbekistan University, a dynamic and fast-growing department, to contribute your talent for...
Professorship In Nanostructures, 2 D Systems And Layers (W3) (F/M/Div), Leibniz, Germany, about 24 hours ago
The Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU) Cottbus-Senftenberg is a research-oriented university that combines its role as the central university of Lusatia with a strong international perspec...
Two Engineers (M, W, Div, N.A.) For The Installation And Operation Of Atmospheric Observatories., Leibniz, Germany, about 24 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research is a research institute of the Leibniz Association and an internationally renowned institute in the field of aerosol and cloud research. The Atmosph...
Professor/Associate Professor/Lecturer In Building Construction And Integrated Design , ;, Egypt, 5 days ago
The German University in Cairo- GUC (Cairo Campus ) Department of Building Technology. The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled at the beginning...
Laboratory Assistant (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
The Leibniz Institute for Catalysis (LIKAT Rostock) with approx. 300 employees and guests is one of the leading European research institutions in the field of catalysis. LIKAT is a competent partn...