The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The working group ‘governance of ecosystem services’ at ZALF focusses on the analysis of market-and community-based instruments to better incentivize the provision of ecosystem services as public goods for specific beneficiaries and society at large. In our inter- and transdisciplinary research projects we mainly conduct empirical research in case studies in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Currently we are looking for a PhD researcher to join our team and who likes to complete a dissertation within the research project ‘KoMBi’ (collective models to support biodiversity), which is aimed to support the development and implementation of collective agri-environmental and climate schemes (AECS) in different federal states in Germany. The project consortium, coordinated by the World Wildlife Fund, consists of three academic institutions and practice stakeholders from different German states (e.g., land care associations). The particular focus for the dissertation is on applying behavioral, economic experiments to better understand cooperation of farmers in the context of collective AECS.
We offer a part-time position (65% full-time equivalent) for three years (from 01.01.2024 until 31.12.2026). The position is earmarked for an extension for another year (01.01.2027 until 31.12.2027), provided the project receives continued funding after a positive midterm evaluation.
PhD researcher (f/m/d)
on the design of collective agri-environmental payments
- elaborate own research design for the dissertation
- plan and coordinate data collection with farmers, including planning and conducting participatory workshops with project stakeholders
- collect empirical data through behavioral, economic experiments and surveys with German farmers
- conduct literature reviews and analysis
- analysis of quantitative experimental and non-experimental data (with STATA or R)
- prepare results for communication to stakeholders (e.g. project workshops) and the scientific community (e.g. presentations at national and international conferences, journal publications)
- excellent MSc degree in economics or related subjects
- knowledge of experimental and behavioral economics as well as environmental/ ecological economics
- knowledge of the EU common agricultural policy in general and of agri-environmental and climate schemes in particular is an advantage
- organizational skills and ability to work independently
- excellent command of the German and English language (oral and written)
- interest in working in an interdisciplinary group and project team
- scientific curiosity and high interest in writing a doctoral thesis
- work in inter-disciplinary and multinational team that encourages independence and self-reliance
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- excellent technical facilities and equipment
- project budget to cover data collection and travel costs
- links to national and international research networks (e.g., Ecosystem Services Partnership)
- access to training courses for PhD students (e.g. in-house training, Doctoral Certificate Program in Agricultural Economics , budget for additional training)
- opportunity to receive a PhD from the Leibniz-University Hannover under the supervision of the working group leader Prof. Dr. Bettina Matzdorf
- salary in accordance with the guidelines for public employees according to the German TV-L, up to level E13, including special annual payment
- option to conduct up to 40% of your monthly working hours as mobile work
- support in reconciling work and family life
- employer subsidized job ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably online. For an e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc.; Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, including motivation letter, CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 98-2023 until October 8, 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:Dr. Tobias Vorlaufer (tobias.vorlaufer(at)zalf.de ).
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
Scientific Secretary (M/F/X) To The Director, Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung – Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI), Germany, 26 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung – Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researche...
University Assistant Predoctoral, Universität Wien, Austria, 14 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Universität Wien Research Field Cultural studies » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austria Application Deadline 29 Nov...
Ph.D. Position (F/M/D), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 1 day ago
Ph.D. position (f/m/d) Stellen-ID: 2692 Facility: Faculty of Chemistry Contact person: UnivProf.Dr. Ricardo Andre Fernandes da Mata firstname.lastname@example.org 0551 3923149 Date of filling: As soon as poss...
Research Associate (Fulltime) In The Field Of Digitalization And Data Connectivity Of Production Systems , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 24 hours ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of digitalization and data connectivity to join our team immediately. About...
Research Associate (Fulltime) Machine Vision And Visual Control Of Robots , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 24 hours ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of machine vision and visual control of robots to join our team immediately...
Research Associate (Fulltime) Ai Based Robotics / Ai Based Robotic Control , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 24 hours ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of AI-based robotics / AI-based robotic control to join our team immediatel...