The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
The working group ‘governance of ecosystem services’ at ZALF focusses on the analysis of market-and community-based instruments to better incentivize the provision of ecosystem services as public goods for specific beneficiaries and society at large. In our inter- and transdisciplinary research projects we mainly conduct empirical research in case studies in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Currently we are looking for a PhD researcher to join our team and who likes to complete a dissertation within the research project ‘KoMBi’ (collective models to support biodiversity), which is aimed to support the development and implementation of collective agri-environmental and climate schemes (AECS) in different federal states in Germany. The project consortium, coordinated by the World Wildlife Fund, consists of three academic institutions and practice stakeholders from different German states (e.g., land care associations). The particular focus for the dissertation is on social network analysis of the actors’ network involved in the development and implementation of collective schemes.
We offer a part-time position (65% full-time equivalent) for three years (from 01.01.2024 until 31.12.2026). The position is earmarked for an extension for another year (01.01.2027 until 31.12.2027), provided the project receives continued funding after a positive midterm evaluation.
PhD researcher (f/m/d)
on social networks for the implementation of collective agri- environmental payments
- elaborate own research design for the dissertation
- plan and coordinate field work for data collection
- conduct literature reviews and analysis
- collect empirical data through interviews (Net-Map method) for social network analysis
- software-aided qualitative and quantitative data analysis (e.g. MAXQDA, Gephi, UCINET/Net-Draw)
- prepare results for communication to stakeholders (e.g. project workshops) and the scientific community (e.g. presentations at national and international conferences, journal publications)
- excellent MSc degree in the field of sociology, agriculture, environmental or ecological economics, natural resource management (or related subjects)
- extensive knowledge of the EU common agricultural policy and agri-environmental and climate schemes in specific
- knowledge of the concepts of social-ecological systems, ecosystem services, payments for ecosystem services, and social-ecological transformation
- experience in the application of methods in social empirical research (e.g. interviews, surveys)
- experience in the use of SNA software (e.g. Gephi, UCINET/NetDraw) is an advantage
- organizational skills and ability to work independently
- excellent command of the German and English language (oral and written)
- scientific curiosity and high interest in writing a doctoral thesis
- work in inter-disciplinary and multinational team that encourages independence and self-reliance
- a collegial and open-minded working atmosphere in a dynamic research institution
- excellent technical facilities and equipment
- Project budget to cover data collection and travel costs
- links to national and international research networks (e.g., Ecosystem Services Partnership)
- access to training courses for PhD students (e.g. in-house training, Doctoral Certificate Program in Agricultural Economics , budget for additional training)
- opportunity to receive a PhD from the Leibniz-University Hannover under the supervision of the working group leader Prof. Dr. Bettina Matzdorf
- salary in accordance with the guidelines for public employees according to the German TV-L, up to level E13, including special annual payment
- option to conduct up to 40% of your monthly working hours as mobile work
- support in reconciling work and family life
- employer subsidized job ticket
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably online. For an e-mail applications, create a PDF document (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc.; Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, including motivation letter, CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 99-2023 until October 8, 2023 to (see button e-mail application below).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:Dr. Claudia Sattler (csattler(at)zalf.de , +49 (0) 33432/82-439).
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months
Scientific Secretary (M/F/X) To The Director, Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung – Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI), Germany, 26 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung – Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researche...
Research Associate (Fulltime) In The Field Of Digitalization And Data Connectivity Of Production Systems , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of digitalization and data connectivity to join our team immediately. About...
Freie Universität Berlin In Cooperation With The Leibniz Institute For Zoo And Wildlife Research (Izw) As Part Of Forschungsverbund Berlin E.V. Is Looking To Fill The Following Professorship In Combination With The Appointment As Director Of The Izw:University Professor Of Interdisciplinary Wildlife Sciences W3 Or Equivalent Bewerbungsende: 27.01.2024, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 11 hours ago
The School of Veterinary Medicine at Freie Universität Berlin is a prestigious center for research, training, and veterinary services. It is one of only five universities in Germany offering educa...
Research Associate (Fulltime) Machine Vision And Visual Control Of Robots , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of machine vision and visual control of robots to join our team immediately...
Research Associate (Fulltime) Ai Based Robotics / Ai Based Robotic Control , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of AI-based robotics / AI-based robotic control to join our team immediatel...
Tenure Track Professor In The Field Of Quantitative Economic History, UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
40 Faculty of Historical and Cultural StudiesWorking hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. A2 Limited until: permanent Reference no.: 1650 The position The Faculty of Historical a...