24.02.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of the best universities in Europe. Top performance in research and teaching, interdisciplinarity and talent promotion are what set it apart. In addition, there are strong alliances with companies and with scientific institutions around the world. The Chair of Integrated Product Design is part of the TUM School of Engineering and Design (ED) and the Department of Architecture. Centrally located in the heart of Munich, we teach and research in the fields of integrated product design, creative space, and interior design. Our research focus is on the development, design, and investigation of spatial product-service systems with the aim of fostering creativity and supporting collaboration. To strengthen our team we offer the position of a PhD Researcher at the Chair for Integrated Product Design (m/f/x). (TV-L E13, part-time 85%)
• Independent work on research projects with the aim of obtaining a doctorate in the subject areas of creative space, creativity-supporting working and learning environments, neuroarchitecture, neuroergonomics, human-space-object interaction, hybrid creative workspaces, office of the future.
• Publication in scientific journals and presentation at international conferences.
• Support with the preparation of research proposals
• Teaching activities in English
• Successfully completed university studies (master's degree, diploma) in product or industrial design
• Strong interest in independently investigating scientific issues and working in an interdisciplinary and international team
• Excellent analytical skills
• Enjoy research and teaching
• Very good oral and written communication skills in English (German is a plus but not required)
• Professional design expertise including analog and digital modeling techniques (from woodworking to 3d printing)
• Experience in design research, research-through-design and scientific research methods (qualitative, quantitative)
• Affinity for new technologies and interaction design (physical computing, programming, eye-tracking, EEG measurement, AR/VR etc.)
• Good sense for formal aesthetics, material, and color
• Knowledge of common design software (Adobe CC), 3D visualization and MS Office.
What we offer:
• A part-time position (85%) as a PhD researcher at one of the most renowned universities in Europe; the position is initially limited to one year; an extension is possible and desired.
• A dynamic and inspiring working environment in a success-oriented team
• The opportunity to gain, create, and teach knowledge about current issues in the field of creativity-supporting workspace design
• Employment with appropriate remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) up to pay group E13
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents (letter of motivation with initial ideas for research topics, CV, certificates, meaningful portfolio samples) in a timely manner by e-mail in a single PDF file (max. 12 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are possible until the position is filled.
For more information about the Chair of Integrated Product Design, please visit https://www.arc.ed.tum.de/ipd/. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Thoring at any time.
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is aiming to increase the number of women employees, and applications from women are expressly welcomed. Applicants with disabilities, with essentially the same suitability and qualification, will be preferred. As you apply for a position at TUM, you will provide personal data; please note our data protection information according to Art. 13 Data Protection Basic Regulation (DSGVO) on the collection and processing of personal data in connection with your application, http://go.tum.de/554159. By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the data protection information of the TUM.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Research Assistant (F/M/D) (Ph D Positions)(All Genders Welcome)Institut Für Informatik, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 2 days ago
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter*innen / PhD (w/m/d) Stellen-ID: 74098 Facility: Institut für Informatik Contact person: Xiaoming Fu email@example.com +4955139172023 Date of filling: As soo...
Research Assistant I, Harvard University, United States, 19 days ago
18-May-2023 Harvard Medical School 62454BR Position Description We currently have an opening for a Research Technician in the lab of Dr. Stephen Liberles at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Liberles’ l...
Postdoc Position (F/M/D) In The Department “Competencies, Personality, Learning Environments” (Focus: Neps Starting Cohort 8), Leibniz, Germany, 6 days ago
The Leibniz-Institute for Educational Trajectories invites applications for the following full-time position (salary according to the collective agreement "TV-L" max. E13, 100% working time, start...
Postdoctoral Fellow (M/F/D) Algorithmic Bioinformatics Research, Leibniz, Germany, 2 days ago
The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) researches and develops new immunotherapies for the treatment of tumours, autoimmune diseases and transplant rejections. ...
Postdoctoral Researcher (All Genders Welcome)Department Für Agrarökonomie Und Rurale Entwicklung, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 2 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher (all genders welcome) Stellen-ID: 74089 Facility: Department für Agrarökonomie und Rurale Entwicklung Contact person: Torluccio Jessica firstname.lastname@example.org...
Research Fellow In Conflict And Mental Health (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 2 days ago
The Leibniz-Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS is a vibrant epidemiological research institute in the Northwest of Germany. The research group “Implementation research and M...