17.04.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal
Within TUMCREATE, the team “Design for Autonomous Mobility” is investigating the future of urban mobility for responsive cities under a user-centric perspective in Singapore. For this activity, we are looking for a research associate that will explore user-centric mobility solutions and to investigate the benefits and issues of their implementation in Singapore. The gained insights and practical experience will provide an essential foundation for the academic research and publication activities that should lead to a PhD graduation.
Objectives & tasks:
The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Together with the team, analysis of innovative mobility solutions (autonomous driving, shared mobility concepts, on-demand services, etc.) in the context of responsive cities
- Development of evaluation methods for urban mobility solutions (based on behavioural analyses, models, complex system analysis, etc.)
- Design of urban mobility solutions for Singapore in 2030 considering the evolution of lifestyles, participatory struc-tures and technologies
- Derive a specific topic from the mentioned tasks and form a scientific question for a PhD thesis
- Cooperating with industrial and academic partners as well as contributing to management and activities of the team
- Defining, supporting and supervising the work of interns and students in the corresponding research areas
What we expect from you:
• Master’s degree in Industrial design, Urban Planning, Transportation Engineering or a related field
• Advanced skill and experience in complex system anal-ysis and/or evaluation methods
• Interest for social sciences like sociology, philosophy, ecology, psychology
• Excellent oral and written English is mandatory
• Self-motivated and independence of work
• Main working location in Singapore with reoccurring business trips and longer work stays in Germany
What we offer you:
• Personal development opportunities including pursuing a PhD degree
• Dynamic, young and self-defined work environment in the heart of Asia
• Work in an interdisciplinary and international team
• Continuous professional and personal development by joining the Graduate School program of the Technical University of Munich
• Attractive income and medical benefits
Kontakt: Henriette Cornet
Deputy Director (Strategic Projects & Learning Systems), Scale (Business & Capability Development (Bcd) Unit), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 12 days ago
Deputy Director (Strategic Projects & Learning Systems), SCALE (Business & Capability Development (BCD) Unit) - 006QV Description Job Purpose The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE...
Software Engineer/Applied Research Scientist, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
Software Engineer/Applied Research Scientist - 006QK Description School of Computing, National University of Singapore Job Purpose The National University of Singapore invites applications for the...
Manager / Assistant Manager, Scale (Programme/Student Administration), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
Manager / Assistant Manager, SCALE (Programme/Student Administration) - 006PP Description Job Purpose The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion...
R&D Scientist (Req#: 17 009) And R&D Associate (Req#: 17 010), National Institutes of Health, United States, about 20 hours ago
Position Descriptions: Jecho Laboratories, Inc. (Jecho) is a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative therapeutic biologics, including monoclonal antibodies, cytokines, immunotoxins, and va...
Research Assistant, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 4 days ago
Research Assistant - 006T4 Description To incorporate principles of behavioral economics in the design of flyers to promote breast cancer screening uptake among Malay women at high risk of develop...
Senior Web Applications Developer, University of Maryland, United States, about 12 hours ago
Position Summary/Purpose of Position: The University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business is seeking an experienced Web Developer to assist in the transformation of our Schools’ website...