01.08.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal [ACHTUNG: im Moment schreibend nicht nutzbar 27.08.2022]
The Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications to join the senior management of the institute as the “Chief of Engineering” with a strong background in robotics and mechatronics.
Located in the prosperous capital of Bavaria and home to over 39000 students, the Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of the world’s top universities (top 3 European technical universities in THE World University Ranking, top 50 in Shanghai Ranking, top 10 in Global University Employability Ranking, etc.) and home to one of the most vibrant environments in robotics research, industry and startups. It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary education, and the active promotion of promising young scientists. TUM benefits from the healthy mix of companies and startups of all sizes headquartered in the region and is tightly connected to regional research hospitals. The university also forges strong links with companies and scientific institutions across the world. The Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence (MIRMI) is a globally visible interdisciplinary research center for machine intelligence, which is the integration of robotics, artificial intelligence and perception. Its three central innovation sectors are the future of health, the future of work, the future of the environment, and the future of mobility. More than 60 professors from various TUM faculties cooperate within the framework of MIRMI.
- Managing and leading the mechatronics and engineering development projects (e.g., next generation robotics systems, control software and hardware infrastructure) of the institute in the field of robotics and mechatronics,
- Leading and managing the engineering facilities (i.e., mechanics and electronics workshops) and infrastructure of mechatronics development laboratories,
- Leading and team management of the engineering and technical staff,
- Coordination with the Chief of Science on the engineering of the implementation of the research zones of the institute,
- Coordination with 3rd party and internal projects to match the goals as well as be a representative of the institute in these initiatives (national and international projects, including being a representative for the institute in general),
- Coordinating with the Chief of Science for the development of the research facilities to meet the excellence of institute’s research goals,
- Contribution to the coordination of the shared facilities and systems of the institute,
- Joining the senior management team for the management and administration of the institute.
- Ph.D. in robotics, mechatronics, nonlinear control,, engineering or a related field,
- Broad experience in a leadership position and project development/management in the field of robotics, mechatronics engineering, computer science etc.,
- Expertise in multiple domains from robotics, mechatronics, embedded software engineering, control,
- Experience in developing robotics systems (e.g., mechatronics, kinematics/dynamics, control of actuators/sensors) (e.g., distributed systems, world models, research facilities, mechatronics workshops),
- Proficiency e.g. in C, C++, Maple, MATLAB, CAD, Embedded Design,
- Experience in managing of mechatronics and low-level systems architecture projects (development, financial, and administrative),
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement, the willingness to learn German is desirable,
- High motivation and willingness to work in an international and interdisciplinary team.
What we offer
- A stimulating, high-paced environment for cutting-edge research in various fields including robotics, machine learning and systems intelligence.
- An exceptional opportunity to experience research in a highly inspiring international environment.
- A responsible position with interesting and challenging tasks in an interdisciplinary scientific and management team.
- Worldwide networking opportunities with leading robotics experts, innovative companies in the area of manufacturing and robotics, and local politics.
- The opportunity to actively design the scientific scope of the European robotics and AI ecosystem and research directions.
- Remuneration is in line with the current German public service salary scale (TVL - E14 level)
Interested applicants should send us their CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Chief of Engineering - MIRMI” in the e-mail subject line. Applications will be considered until the positions have been filled. Preference will be given to applications received before August 31, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
TUM has been pursuing the strategic goal of substantially increasing the diversity of its staff. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with equal qualifications. International candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Team Lead – Quantum Computing Demonstrator (M/F/D) (100% Full Time Position), Walther-Meissner-Institut, Germany, 27 days ago
Team Lead – Quantum Computing Demonstrator (m/f/d) (100% full-time position) Are you looking for an opportunity to shape the future of quantum computing? With superconducting quantum computers on ...
Quantum Device Fabrication Expert (M/F/D) (100% Full Time Position), Walther-Meissner-Institut, Germany, 27 days ago
Quantum device fabrication expert (m/f/d) (100% full-time position) Are you looking for an opportunity to shape the future of quantum computing? With superconducting quantum computers on the verge...
Research Engineer Nanoscience Instrument Development Division, Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia, Spain, 13 days ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Robotics Engineer (Be Cem Mro 2022 96 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 18 days ago
Company Description At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most comp...
Research Associate (Engineer, Hardware Developer), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 24 days ago
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is a leading school over the world. We develop bio-hybrid machines in Biological Machine Lab (BML) in the school. Key Responsibilities: Join th...
Assistant Professor Supervisory Control For Complex System, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 12 days ago
Do you want to join us in making key contributions to future societal challenges by developing your own research line? We believe engineered systems and their control are essential to address thes...