In the department „Interfacial electrochemistry” you are focussing on the research and development of proton exchange membrane (PEM) electrolyzers. By means of advanced atomic force microscopy (AFM) you analyze nanoelectrical and nanomechanical properties of membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs), which are the core of the electrolyzer. The aim is to identify and understand degradation mechanisms locally to prevent them in the future. Thereby, the durability of the cost intensive MEAs can be increased and a contribution to a successful large scale industrial application of PEM electrolysis will be provided. Your tasks will include the following:
- Familiarization with and literature research on AFM and MEAs
- Performing and evaluating advanced atomic force microscopy experiments on nanomechanics and nanoelectronics
- Preparation of MEA cross-sections by ion beam polishing, microtomy or other techniques
- Correlation of results with data from other analytical methods (SEM, nanoindentation,...) provided by colleagues
- Documentation of your work and results as part of your master thesis
- Ongoing master studies in chemistry, physics, material science, chemical engineering, process engineering or similar
- Knowledge of AFM, nanomechanics, and/or electrolysis technologies are advantageous
- First experience in laboratory work, ideally in the area of physical chemistry
- Programming skills (ideally Python) are advantageous but not necessarily needed
- Independent and responsible way of working, willingness to work and a high degree of team spirit
- Very good written and oral communication skills in German and English
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- A monthly compensation is paid
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- An interesting and socially relevant topic for your thesis with future-oriented themes
- Ideal conditions for gaining practical experience alongside your studies
- An interdisciplinary collaboration on projects in an international, committed and collegial team
- Excellent technical equipment and the newest technology
- Qualified support through your scientific colleagues
- The chance to independently prepare and work on your tasks
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Ph.D. Position: Nanoscale Testing Of Polishing Induced Surface Changes In Metals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 8 days ago
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and communicative Ph.D. candidate. You must have (or be close to completion of) a Master degree in Materials Science/Engineering or a closely rela...
Research Assistant (Post Doc/Ph D Candidate) (M/F/D) With The Focus On "Process Engineering: Control Of Crystallization Processes , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
The Chair of Systems Process Engineering - TUM School of Life Sciences 15.03.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Systems Process Engineering at the Technical University of Munich (Weihe...
Ph D: Dynamic Modeling And Simulation Of Green Ammonia Production Through Flexible Ammonia Plants And Low Cost Electrolysis , University of Aarhus ;, Denmark, 3 days ago
The Biological & Chemical Engineering department has an exciting PhD position for Dynamic Modeling and Simulation of a Green Ammonia Plant. In this project, you will build a dynamic model for a so...
Mātauranga Māori Kaiako & Programmes Co Ordinator, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Whakatipu Te Kakano: Growing the Seed. After mahi that makes a difference in people's lives? 'He mea nui rawa ki a mātou o Te Pūkenga - Te Whare Takiura o Manukau te kawenga ki te manaaki i te hun...
Lecturer Psychotherapy & Counselling, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Lecturer position (0.8FTE), Permanent, AUT Auckland, NZ He aha te mea nui o tea ao? He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata! What is the most important thing in the world? It is the people, it is the p...
Tenure Track Faculty Position Nanomanufacturing, Nanocomposites, And Nanomechanics, University of Alberta, Canada, 13 days ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta invites applications fo...