The Incubator for Antibacterial Therapies in Europe (INCATE ) is a European partnership (www.nature.com/articles ) that brings together translational and basic research, industry, experienced entrepreneurs, and investors from across Europe to translate and accelerate innovation in the fight against Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR).
As a founding member of INCATE, the Leibniz-HKI invites talented and highly gifted candidates to apply as
Innovation Scout (f/div/m)
to join as part of the INCATE team. The position is limited to three years.
INCATE was founded in 2021 by leading research institutions, including the Swiss research network NCCR-AntiResist , the University of Basel , the German Center for Infection Research , the InfectControl consortium and the Leibniz-HKI , as well as large pharmaceutical companies (Roche, Shionogi, Boehringer Ingelheim Venture Fund, MSD Germany). INCATE aims to encourage researchers and teams to develop their technologies and products to a level that is attractive to investors or collaborations with Pharma and Biotech companies. We do this by providing advice, community and funding. The current focus is on therapies, but diagnostics, digital therapies and other modalities will be supported in the future.
The INCATE team consists of individuals associated with partner research institutions who are inspired to work on the challenge of invigorating the pipeline of antimicrobial therapies. The team takes collective responsibility for organization of tasks and responsibilities under the supervision of the INCATE board.
What you can expect to do
- You will proactively and continuously identify academic networks, research groups, and young companies with a background in AMR and establish appropriate contacts. Your background and ongoing needs of INCATE will determine the geographic and technical focus.
- You follow current progress in AMR-relevant technologies and product concepts in meetings and publications, identify viable technologies and accompany corresponding teams in the INCATE application process.
- You take an analytical and intuitive approach to selecting projects in early stages of development and form an opinion expeditiously regarding their development prospects.
- You will offer initial guidance to teams and biotech start-ups on what INCATE offers and work to identify a match with their needs.
- In addition, you should contribute to the establishment of (inter-)national partnerships for INCATE with academic and research institutions.
- You act confidently, solidly, and trustworthily in the AMR community and refer to appropriate partners to achieve goals quickly and efficiently.
- You have an above-average degree and doctorate with an AMR-relevant and/or biopharmaceutical focus (e.g. in pharmacy, natural product chemistry, medicinal chemistry, medical microbiology, pharmacology, etc.).
- Previous knowledge in drug discovery and development of new products and technologies to fight AMR is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel and a high degree of self-organization are essential.
- A goal-oriented communication style, strong initiative, determination, and the ability to work in a team are among your strengths.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as demonstrated experience in international communication are a matter of course for you. Additional language skills are a plus.
- You have a personal interest in the evaluation of innovative concepts, especially in the field of antimicrobial technologies. In addition, you bring commitment and enthusiasm to contribute to a healthy society.
What we offer
- An innovation-oriented position with excellent future prospects, varied tasks in a dedicated team with a strong "can-do" mentality
- An inspiring environment within the Leibniz-HKI with excellent digital infrastructure and welcoming culture open for change
- A chance to contribute to the vision of INCATE and shape your own work and that of the broader INCATE team
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) as well as extensive qualification opportunities
- Leibniz-HKI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It aims to increase the proportion of underrepresented groups in case of equal suitability. All qualified persons, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law will receive consideration for employment.
Dr. Sina Gerbach | +49 3641 532-1335 | email@example.com
Dr. Helmut H. Kessmann | +49 1516 4968454 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, previous work, letters of recommendation, references) via the Leibniz-HKI application portal by March 31, 2023.
The Leibniz-HKI researches the pathobiology of microorganisms and investigates targets that are prerequisites for the development of new natural product-based active substances. It is located in the “Science City” of Jena at the Beutenberg Campus and is part of the Cluster of Excellence “Balance of the Microverse ”. INCATE Leibniz-HKI recruiting organization for this position as part of the INCATE partnership.
Development And Application Of Educational And Empowering Models Aimed At Promoting Healthy And Sustainable Diets, Università degli studi di Parma, Italy, 15 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Università degli studi di Parma Research Field Medical sciences » Medicine Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) Fir...
Laboratory Manager (F/M/D), Universität Konstanz, Germany, 4 days ago
22 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Universität Konstanz Department Personnel Department (Personalabteilung) Research Field Chemistry » Applied chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised...
Promotionsstelle Zu Besetzen Zum Thema Computational Design Of Modular Multi Robot Teams (Ph.D.) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 21 hours ago
We are offering a full-time position in our lab in Garching/Munich as Research & Teaching Assistant (m/f/d) for Computational design of modular multi-robot teams (Ph.D.) The Laboratory for Product...
Departments Für Nutzpflanzenwissenschaften Departments Für Nutzpflanzenwissenschaften, Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 8 hours ago
wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (w/m/d) Stellen-ID: 2634 Facility: Departments für Nutzpflanzenwissenschaften Contact person: Prof. Dr. Stefan Siebert email@example.com 0551...
Promotionsstelle Zu Besetzen Zum Thema Computational Design Of Smart Cfrp Structures (Ph.D.) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 21 hours ago
25.09.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are offering a full-time position in our lab in Garching/Munich as Research & Teaching Assistant (m/f/d) for the Computational design of smart CFRP struc...
Ref 5101/23 Senior Lecturer In Indigenous Australian Studies, School Of Humanities And Communication Arts, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Full-Time, Ongoing Position Remuneration: $159,423 to $182,877 p.a Parramatta South Campus This is an identified position and applicants must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Person....