The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI) in Jena is a federal and state government-fundedresearch institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Leibniz-Gemeinschaft). FLI’ s internationally visible and highlycompetitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated age-related diseases.Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence ofage-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new approaches in medicine as a way to improve the health of theelderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The Core Facility Imaging at FLI offers advanced state-of-the-art light microscopy equipment to investigatebiological structures from nanometer to centimeter scales (doi: 10.3390/cells9061377). Facility staff providesintroduction and service into microscopy techniques, including access to widefield, confocal, light-sheet andsuper-resolution microscopes. Special research expertise has been developed and is provided inFluorescence Fluctuation Microscopy (FFM) applications to study molecule dynamics in living specimen (doi:10.3389/fonc. 2018.00125).
The facility staff provides introduction into microscopy techniques and service for researchers.
To support our team and to further develop our imaging platforms we are looking for:Imaging Specialist (m/f/x)
- Training and support of researchers in advanced lightmicroscopy techniques (widefield/confocal/super-resolution/microdissection/fluorescencefluctuation/lightsheet )
- Manage and assist instrument maintenance
- Support of researchers in image acquisition &downstream data analysis (Zen, Huygens, Imaris,Arivis)
- Develop, maintain and improve standard operationprocedures (SOPs) and workflows
- Assist, conduct and develop teaching activities
- Draft high-quality bioimage data text parts formanuscripts.
- University degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysicsor related, preferably PhD or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of advancedmicroscopy technologies
- Preferably 5 years of experience in light microscopybioimaging applications
- Know-how in quantitative bioimaging workflows, imagedata analysis and management
- excellent command of English (spoken and written) isrequired
- Enthusiastic, friendly, collaborative
- mindset and theability to interact professionally and service oriented with the users of the facility
- A responsible job within a motivated team, which will accompany and support you optimally during the introductionperiod - as well as an international working environment and a safe workplace.
- Access to multiple state-of-the-art facilities. Our work is embedded in the Jena
- Beutenberg Campus, an interdisciplinarybase for innovative research.
- We offer integration into FLI career development plans promoting interdisciplinary collaborations involving clinicianscientists, basic scientists and bioinformaticians.
- Employment contract in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L), full-time or part-time, for 2 years initially, long-term employment is desired.
- Remuneration level TV-L depending on qualifications and experience(TV-L E12-E13), additional annual specialpayment (Christmas bonus),
- 30 working days of vacation per calendar year, two days off on December 24/31,performance bonus system and attractive company pension plan with the Versorgungsanstalt des Bundes und derLänder (VBL) (Federal and State occupational pension scheme).
- Flexible working time models: flexitime, mobile working, a family-friendly working environment that enables a healthywork-life balance, company health management and dual career option.
- We provide support with various qualification and further training opportunities, use of the Haufe knowledge databasesand the Haufe learning platform with numerous different online courses.
Please apply online through the FLI application portal by 24.09.2023.
Scientist (M/F/X) Tumor Biology / Preclinical Science, The Leibniz Institute on Aging – Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Germany, 17 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company The Leibniz Institute on Aging – Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Cou...
Scientific Secretary (M/F/X) To The Director, Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung – Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI), Germany, 29 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung – Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI) Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researche...
Adjunct Instructor, The University of Arizona, United States, 20 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Adjunct Instructor United States | req18222 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Adjunct Instructor Posting Number req18222 Department Sch Theatre Film & Television Depar...
(All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 3 days ago
---(all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Institut für Mikrobiologie und Genetik, there is a position as ---(all genders welcome) Entgeltgruppe 7 TV-L/50% to...
Police Communication Supervisor, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 13 hours ago
Police Communication Supervisor Public Safety - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23008578) The primary purpose of the police communication supervisor position is to provide supervision, guidance, and tr...
Research Associate (Fulltime) In The Field Of Digitalization And Data Connectivity Of Production Systems , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 3 days ago
14.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are currently looking for a full-time research associate (m/f/d) in the field of digitalization and data connectivity to join our team immediately. About...