Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften - Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft Weizenbaum InstituteResearch Assistant at the Weizenbaum Institute (m/f/d) 75%-part-time job limited to 14.09.2022 Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: DII_WiMi_FG15_E Bewerbungsende: 01.03.2021
Since 2017, the research group "Digitalisation and the Transnational Public Sphere" at the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society (https://www.weizenbaum-institut.de/en/research/rg15/ ) has been researching the role of digital technologies and the emergence of digital communication infrastructures and networks, online issue publics and their dynamics in critical issue areas such as right-wing populism, anti-elitism, migration, antifeminism, etc. International-comparative designs and computer-assisted data collection methods and analysis (computational social science) characterize the group's work.
We are looking for a research assistant with a workload of 75% (pay group 13 TV-L FU) as soon as possible until 14.09.2022. Prolongation is possible subject to follow-up funding.
- Planning and implementation of research projects in cooperation with the research group
- International publication and lecture activities
- Participation in cross-group and cross-institutional activities of the Weizenbaum Institute, such as transfer formats with network partners as well as formats to promote interdisciplinarity
- Participation in the planning and organization of workshops and conferences
- Participation in the external presentation and reporting of the research group
University degree (Magister, Diplom, Master) in media and communication science, political science, sociology, social sciences, or computer science/data science.
- Experience in the area of research on (political) public spheres, with a focus on the analysis of communication in digital media or international comparative communication in the research group's field.
- Advanced knowledge of computational and data-intensive methods in social sciences (computational social science), particularly knowledge of one or more of the following methods: network analysis, automated content analysis (i.e., topic modeling), text and data mining, etc.
- Programming experience, preferably in R and/or Python, and experienced application skills in statistical data analysis.
- Experience in assisting with the implementation of externally funded research projects.
- Ph.D. in media and communication studies, political science, sociology, or related social sciences, including data science
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary work
- Team and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English skills
- Interest in further training and qualification
Working place will be the Weizenbaum Institute, Hardenbergstraße 32, 10623 Berlin
For further information about the position, please contact Annika Schütz (formal questions, firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Dr. Annett Heft (content-related questions, email@example.com ).
All applications (including a short cover letter outlining your background, a detailed CV including possibly some references, and all relevant certificates) quoting the reference code should be directed preferably electronically in one PDF-file to: Mrs. Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch: firstname.lastname@example.org .
On the given occasion and for the duration of the essential on-site operations by Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
Mrs. Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection
Research Assistant Position (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS) is an institute of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB). The FVB comprises seven non-university research institutes in Berl...
Four Student Assistants (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 1 day ago
For its department “Institutions and Political Inequality” (Director: Prof. Macartan Humphreys, Ph.D.), the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) is looking for Four Student Assistants (m/f/d) on a t...
Postdoc Position For The Tess (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 4 days ago
Climate and Earth system change need bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts an...
Doctoral Candidate (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically...
Senior Post Doc Knowledge Graph Technologies (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
As the German National Library of Science and Technology our future-oriented services ensure the infrastructural requirements for a high-quality supply of information and literature for research i...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Dioscuri Centre Of Scientific Excellence For Rna Protein Interactions In..., International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 8 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher position in Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease funded by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Pol...