Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften - Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft Weizenbaum InstituteResearch Assistant at the Weizenbaum Institute (m/f/d) 75%-part-time job limited to 14.09.2022 Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: DII_WiMi_FG15_E Bewerbungsende: 01.03.2021
Since 2017, the research group "Digitalisation and the Transnational Public Sphere" at the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society (https://www.weizenbaum-institut.de/en/research/rg15/ ) has been researching the role of digital technologies and the emergence of digital communication infrastructures and networks, online issue publics and their dynamics in critical issue areas such as right-wing populism, anti-elitism, migration, antifeminism, etc. International-comparative designs and computer-assisted data collection methods and analysis (computational social science) characterize the group's work.
We are looking for a research assistant with a workload of 75% (pay group 13 TV-L FU) as soon as possible until 14.09.2022. Prolongation is possible subject to follow-up funding.
- Planning and implementation of research projects in cooperation with the research group
- International publication and lecture activities
- Participation in cross-group and cross-institutional activities of the Weizenbaum Institute, such as transfer formats with network partners as well as formats to promote interdisciplinarity
- Participation in the planning and organization of workshops and conferences
- Participation in the external presentation and reporting of the research group
University degree (Magister, Diplom, Master) in media and communication science, political science, sociology, social sciences, or computer science/data science.
- Experience in the area of research on (political) public spheres, with a focus on the analysis of communication in digital media or international comparative communication in the research group's field.
- Advanced knowledge of computational and data-intensive methods in social sciences (computational social science), particularly knowledge of one or more of the following methods: network analysis, automated content analysis (i.e., topic modeling), text and data mining, etc.
- Programming experience, preferably in R and/or Python, and experienced application skills in statistical data analysis.
- Experience in assisting with the implementation of externally funded research projects.
- Ph.D. in media and communication studies, political science, sociology, or related social sciences, including data science
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary work
- Team and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English skills
- Interest in further training and qualification
Working place will be the Weizenbaum Institute, Hardenbergstraße 32, 10623 Berlin
For further information about the position, please contact Annika Schütz (formal questions, firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Dr. Annett Heft (content-related questions, email@example.com ).
All applications (including a short cover letter outlining your background, a detailed CV including possibly some references, and all relevant certificates) quoting the reference code should be directed preferably electronically in one PDF-file to: Mrs. Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch: firstname.lastname@example.org .
On the given occasion and for the duration of the essential on-site operations by Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
Mrs. Prof. Dr. Barbara Pfetsch
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection
Research Assistant (Ph D Student) (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
Our Mission: Discovering and describing life and earth - with people, through dialogue. The Museum für Naturkunde Berlin (MfN) is an excellent and integrated research museum of the Leibniz Associa...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
For its interdisciplinary research department Migration, Integration, Transnationalization, headed by Prof. Ruud Koopmans, the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) is looking for a full-time (39 hou...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Single Cell Genomics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Are you interested in non-genetic cellular heterogeneity and their role in disease? Would you like to contribute to the development of cu...
Predoctoral Research Fellow (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung gGmbH (WZB, Berlin Social Science Centre), research department Institutions and Political Inequality IPI (Director: Professor Macartan Humphreys...
Open Position: Postdoc (F/M) Project Title: Investigating Novel Functions Of Rab Gt Pases In..., Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology (SyNergy), Germany, 11 days ago
The Behrends lab at the Munich Cluster of Systems Neurology of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München is looking for a postdoctoral researcher who is interested in dissecting the role of...
Doctoral Researcher (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology – Hans Knöll Institute (Leibniz-HKI, www.leibniz-hki.de ) investigates the pathobiology of human-pathogenic fungi and ident...