The "Weizenbaum Institut for Networked Society" (see https://weizenbaum-institut.de/), which researches the interactions between digitization and society, began its work in Berlin in September 2017. The research program focuses on current and long-term social changes that are emerging in connection with digitalization. One focus is on the intersection of social, economic, and legal sciences with design research and computer science. Interdisciplinary research and the exploration of concrete solutions in practical labs are combined with knowledge transfer in politics, business and society.
The position is within the Research Group "Digital Citizenship”. The research group deals with the question of how political and social participation is changing against the background of changes in the supply and use of online media. In particular, it examines the conditions for political participation at the individual level and asks which role values, norms, experiences and attitudes play in these processes of change.
- Collection and analysis of quantitative survey data,
- Collaboration on project publications within the research group,
- Participation in activities of the Weizenbaum Institut,
- Communication with international project partners, especially in sub-Saharan Africa,
- Reporting of results and transfer activities,
- Collaboration on research proposals for third party funds for future projects.
Completed degree of university education (Magister, Diploma or Master’s degree) in the field of Media and Communication Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Social Sciences.
- Above-average and relevant university degree;
- Special interest in interdisciplinary work in a cross-institutional collaborative project;
- Affinity for team-oriented work;
- Interest in researching individual political communication or civic action in digital environments, especially in the Global South;
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative methods of empirical social research, especially survey methods;
- Knowledge in the use of relevant software for the analysis of quantitative data such as SPSS, R or Stata;
- First experience in empirical social science project work;
- Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of German;
- Willingness for business travels.
Working place is the Weizenbaum Institut at Hardenbergstraße 32, 10623 Berlin.
Subject to continued funding of the Weizenbaum Institut, an extension of the position is possible.
All applications (including a short cover letter outlining your background, a detailed CV including possibly some references, and all relevant certificates) quoting the reference code should be directed preferably electronically in one PDF-file to: Mr. Prof. Dr. Martin Emmer: firstname.lastname@example.org .
On the given occasion and for the duration of the essential on-site operations by Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail. The processing of a postal application cannot be guaranteed.
Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Politik- und Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Publizistik- und Kommunikationswissenschaft
Mr. Prof. Dr. Martin Emmer
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection
Student Assistant (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 5 days ago
For the President’s Research Group, the WZB Berlin Social Science Center is looking for a Student Assistant (m/f/d) to begin by June 1, 2021, initially for a duration of 12 months and with the pos...
Four Student Assistants (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
For its department “Institutions and Political Inequality” (Director: Prof. Macartan Humphreys, Ph.D.), the Berlin Social Science Center (WZB) is looking for Four Student Assistants (m/f/d) on a t...
Research Assistant Position (F/M/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
The Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS) is an institute of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB). The FVB comprises seven non-university research institutes in Berl...
Student Assistant Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable devel...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Dioscuri Centre Of Scientific Excellence For Rna Protein Interactions In..., International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, about 12 hours ago
Postdoctoral Researcher position in Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence for RNA-Protein Interactions in Human Health and Disease funded by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange Pol...
Postdoc Position For The Tess (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 22 hours ago
Climate and Earth system change need bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts an...