The Cluster of Excellence 2020 "Temporal Communities: Doing Literature in a Global Perspective" aims to create a new theoretical and methodological take on literature in a global perspective. Introducing the notion of ‘temporal communities’, the Cluster investigates the ways in which literature reaches out through space and time, establishing complex temporalities and extensive transcultural and transtemporal networks as it interacts with other arts and media. The Cluster’s research is conducted within five Research Areas: 1. Competing Communities, 2. Travelling Matters, 3. Future Perfect, 4. Literary Currencies, 5. Building Digital Communities.
From 1 October 2023, 5 positions for research associates (50% part-time, limited to 3 years, pay group 13 TV-L FU) are available at the Cluster (www.temporal-communities.de ). The 3 positions advertised here are designed for candidates with individual projects that are clearly related to one of the 5 Research Areas of the Cluster.
The research associates will at the same time be members of the Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School for Literary Studies as doctoral students: They will complete its curriculum and have access to the mentoring and qualification offers. In case of thematic fit, an affiliation with the Graduate School of North American Studies is also possible. Doctoral students will have access to travel, conference, and workshop funds.
- Developing and implementing an individual, three-year research project within the framework of EXC “Temporal Communities” which is in line with the research agenda of one of the Cluster’s Research Areas and contributes to its further development. The research project should be outlined in an exposé of max. 10 pages (to be uploaded on the application portal).
- Completion of the curriculum of the Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School for Literary Studies with the aim of obtaining a doctoral degree
- Participating in regular working meetings and workshops of one Research Area of the Cluster
- Participating in the organisation and implementation of interdisciplinary, international conferences and workshops and contributing to the resulting publications
- Contributing to the publication of the project's research results in the "Living Handbook of Temporal Communities”
MA or equivalent degree (Magister, Diplom) in literary or cultural studies
- Excellent academic track record
- Affinity for literary and cultural theory and interest in historical periods
- Documented competence in more than one national literature, preferably also non- European literatures, and/or in one or more intermedial fields of literary practice (film, theatre, art history, performance, etc.)
- Independent working style, willingness to engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Very good knowledge of German and English (one of the two languages at least on level C1 CEFR, the other at least on level B2 CEFR)
For further information, please contact Mrs. Izabella Goikhman (firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 30 838 65648).
The application deadline is November 13th, 2022. There is an online portal through which submitted applications with informative documents are preferably accepted under the identification code. You can find information on this at: www.temporal-communities.de
or postal to
Freie Universität Berlin
Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School of Literary Studies
EXC 2020 Temporal Communities
Mrs. Izabella Goikhman
Habelschwerdter Allee 45
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.
Scientific Programmer / Data Scientist (F/M/X) Cancer Genomics And…, Uniklinik Köln, Germany, about 3 hours ago
Our computational group is interested in understanding the role of chromosomal instability, somatic copy number alterations (SCNA) and chromatin structure in cancer evolution. We develop and apply...
Nord Ovest Digitale E Sostenibile. Pnrr – M4 C2 Avviso: 3277 Del 30/12/2021 Cup Pnrr: B73 D21015000006, University of Gastronomic Sciences, Brazil, 26 days ago
Procedure for the public selection to cover one researcher position with a fixed-term contract in accordance with the law 240/2010, art. 24, sub-section 3, letter a) at the University of Gastronom...
2 Positions (2 Years Each) In Mixed Signal Pcb Design And Gpu Programming For Novel Ultrasound ... (# Of Pos: 2), Erasmus Medical Center, Netherlands, 23 days ago
Background: Functional ultra-sound (fUS) imaging is a powerful new modality that has emerged in the last decade and is capable of providing unprecedented functional images of the brain as sub-micr...
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Cinema And Television, BNU-HKBU UNITED INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in February 2023: Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in Cinema and Televisio...
Assistant In The Group Of Research Teaching Staff [47/2022/Na/Sf], University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland, 23 days ago
RECTOR OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SILESIA IN KATOWICE announces the open call for the position of Assistant in the group of research-teaching staff Place of work: Krzysztof Kieślowski Film School, Inst...
2022 2023 3 76 Predoctoral Fellow Position In Erc Co G On Film Studies, Sea Narratives And..., Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain, 19 days ago
Pre-doctoral position for the ERC CoG 2021 project: Ocean Crime Narratives: A Polyhedral Assessment of Contemporary Sea Narratives on Environmental Harm and Crime (1982-present) OCN, led by PI Dr....