The Leibniz Institute of Photonic Technology (Leibniz-IPHT ) offers the following position (65%) in the Research Department ofSpectroscopy and Imaging at the Fiber Spectroscopic Sensors Group starting at the next possible time:
Doctoral Researcher: Photonics in Environmental Gas Sensing (f/m/d)
The position is limited to 3 years.
The Leibniz-IPHT is a university independent research institute with close connection to the Friedrich Schiller University Jena (FSU) and member of the Leibniz association. The DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centre 1076 “AquaDiva – Understanding the Links between Surface and Subsurface Biogeosphere” is an ambitious research centre at IPHT and FSU (www.aquadiva.uni-jena.de ). Its integrated research training group IRTG AquaDiva is educating doctoral researchers in a structured, interdisciplinary training program and invites applications for doctoral researcher positions in various fields of research. This project aims to develop highly selective and sensitive Raman spectroscopic methods to characterize gas exchange processes.
We are looking for a doctoral researcher, who develops novel optical setups, performs Raman spectroscopic experiments, and is involved in interdisciplinary collaborations. You will also be writing and publishing scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and presenting results at national and international conferences.
Excellent university degree (M.Sc.) in photonics, physics, engineering, physical chemistry or comparable field is necessary.
Your knowledge and skills:
- Excellent experimental skills in the development and application of new instruments and setups are essential
- Solid knowledge of optics, photonics, and Raman spectroscopy is expected
- Interest in gas sensing, fiber optics, and optical spectroscopy
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken, are desirable
- Enthusiasm to play an active role in the interdisciplinary research team of AquaDiva
- Highly motivated and creative individuals with scientific ambition
- A doctoral researcher position with the possibility of a three-month research stay abroad
- Attractive research environment with excellent instrumental equipment
- Friendly and dynamic team with interdisciplinary background
- Participation in a diverse experimental and theoretical research project with a strong interdisciplinary nature
- A communicative atmosphere within an international scientific network of universities and research institutes providing top-level research facilities, equipment, and infrastructure
- A comprehensive mentoring program with supervision by a team of advisors and qualification and development measures in the frame of the IRTG AquaDiva and embedded with the Jena Graduate Academy
- German tariffs for public employees (TV-L).
We are a modern, internationally oriented research institute. The compatibility of work and family is one of our central concerns. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social background. If women are underrepresented in the area of the advertised position, they will be given preferential treatment if they are equally qualified.
Further information about scientific details of the project can be obtained from Prof. Torsten Frosch (torsten.frosch(at)leibniz-ipht.de ). More project details can be found at www.aquadiva.uni-jena.de/Open_Positions.html .
All applications should be in English and include (in one PDF file, max. size 15 MB) at least the following:
- Cover letter (max. 1 page, describing your motivation, research interests, and relevant experiences)
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages, including contact details of at least two scientific references)
- Scans of certificates, diplomas, and other (e.g., Master’s and Bachelor’s certificate – if not in English or German, please provide a translation)
Please submit your English application electronically as one pdf file (max. size 15 MB) with Code 1078 including your cover letter, CV and certificates until 31.8.2022 (position is open until filled) to:
Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology
Or simply apply via our job portal https://www.leibniz-ipht.de/en/institute/career/job-portal by clicking on the “apply” button.
Note on Data protection:
By submitting your application and the accompanying documents, you consent to the processing of your personal data in connection with the application process. You may revoke this consent in writing or electronically at any time without giving reasons.
Please note, however, that a revocation of consent means that any application in progress can no longer be considered.
Research Associate – Information Retrieval, GESIS - Leibniz Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, Germany, 20 days ago
GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association. For the next possi...
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Diploma/Master), Johannes Kepler University, Austria, 11 days ago
The world is changing at an ever-faster pace. At the Johannes Kepler University Linz, we work on technologies and the ideas of tomorrow on a daily basis. At the same time, we educate over 23,000 y...
This Following Professorship At Freie Universität Berlin Is To Be Funded Through The Berlin Equal Opportunity Program (Berliner Chancengleichheitsprogramm). In This Respect, Women Are Strongly Encouraged To Apply. Department Of Biology, Chemistry,University Professor Of Chemistry Education Salary Grade: W2 Or Equivalent Reference Code: Didaktik Der Chemie Bewerbungsende: 29.09.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of chemistry education. Appointment requirements are governed by Section 100 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (Berliner Hoc...
Lecturer In Building Construction And Structural Design, VIETNAMESE-GERMAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese state university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a joint venture based on a close cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Social...
Exzellenzausschreibungen Exc 2020 Temporal Communities Friedrich Schlegel Graduate School Of Literary Studies2 Positions Research Associate (Praedoc) (M/F/D) With 50% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Exctc Doc Ra0 2023 En Bewerbungsende: 13.11.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The Cluster of Excellence 2020 "Temporal Communities: Doing Literature in a Global Perspective" aims to create a new theoretical and methodological take on literature in a global perspective. Intr...
Research Position For "Inclusive Explainable Ai", Bielefeld University, Germany, about 21 hours ago
Phd/doctoral Bielefeld, Germany Apply by Sep 28, 2022 Job Bielefeld University, Germany Multimodal Behavior Processing Universität Bielefeld CITEC Jun.-Prof*in Dr. Hanna Drimalla Postfach 10 01 3...