Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy - Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry Third-party funded project "GO-Bio-initial-phase-2 (BMBF)"1 position Research Assistant (m/f/d) full-time job limited to 30.05.2023 Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU Reference code: Hydrogel / PepGel-9 Bewerbungsende: 24.08.2022
The source of funding: I am a research entrepreneur working on biotech/biomedical product development and commercialization with an aim to establish a start-up in the future. My project is being funded by BMBF "Go-Bio Initial - Sondierungsphase (phase-1)" grant until November 2021, and later through "Go-Bio Initial - Machbarkeitsphase (phase- 2)" from December 2021 until November 2023. I am currently looking for a chemist/biochemist who can assist me in the team in the Machbarkeitsphase for the success of the envisioned project. The project is being hosted at the Institute of Chemistry, Freie Universität Berlin.
Project-related information: Chronic wounds are a global health problem that severely impacts the quality of life and have devastating consequences for approximately 200 million patients. With an increased risk of infection, amputation, and mortality, they are extremely burdensome for patients, both physically and economically, and impose significant costs on healthcare systems, amounting to more than 23 billion euros per year. For effective treatment, it is important to stimulate the natural wound healing process and protect the wound site from infection. Currently, available wound care options predominantly focus on a single form of therapy, which is insufficient for effective wound healing. The goal of this project is to develop novel bioactive wound dressings based on a multifunctional, biodegradable, antimicrobial peptide hydrogel formulation. This new approach will solve the previously prevailing problems in the treatment of chronic wounds and offers significant benefits to patients. It protects the wound site from infection, reduces pain and discomfort, and speeds recovery. It leads to shorter hospital stays and reduces the associated financial burden on healthcare systems. The project will validate the safety and efficacy of the approach for further clinical trials and then develop the product to market readiness.
• Synthesis, purification, and characterization of peptides, polymers, peptide-based hybrids, organic molecules, and/or nanomaterials/biomaterials (synthetic/organic/peptide/polymer chemistries).
• Use of analytical instruments and advanced microscopy techniques/biochemical/biophysical techniques for characterization of the compounds and nanomaterials.
• If required, assist in safety and efficacy evaluation of the products in biostudies (in vitro and in vivo) using biochemical, molecular biology, bioanalytical, advanced microscopy, and mammalian cell culture techniques. Work in bio-safety level (at an S2 level or even higher) for antimicrobial studies of the compounds as per the needs of the project.
• Undertake scientific communications in German and English, both written and oral as per the needs of the project.
• PhD in chemistry/medicinal chemistry/biochemistry/biotechnology/pharmacy/material science/bioengineering or related fields
• Experience in peptide chemistry/polymer chemistry/organic synthesis, drugs/organic molecules/nanomaterial/biomaterial synthesis characterization, synthetic chemistry/analytical chemistry.
• Experience (industrial experience preferred) in research and development of chemical/biotechnology products, either in synthesis and/or characterization, and/or in their efficacy evaluation in in vitro and in vivo models, especially for skin-based products
• Publications in international peer-review scientific journals.
• Entrepreneurial passion and strategic vision.
• Ability to communicate in German (preferably more than B2 level) and English very effectively, both written and oral.
For further information, please contact Dr. Chaitanya Thota (firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent by e-mail together with relevant documents, quoting the reference code ("PepGel-9") in PDF format (only as a single document), to Dr. Chaitanya Kumar Thota: email@example.com . Also include certificates of PhD, proofs of language proficiency tests and reference letters (if available).
On the given occasion and for the duration of the essential on-site operations by Freie Universität Berlin, we kindly ask you to apply electronically by e-mail.
Freie Universität Berlin
Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Third-party funded project "GO-Bio-initial-phase-2 (BMBF)".
Mr. Dr. Chaitanya Thota (Project leader)
14195 Berlin (Dahlem)
With an electronic application, you acknowledge that FU Berlin saves and processes your data. FU Berlin cannot guarantee the security of your personal data if you send your application over an unencrypted connection.
Postdoctoral Position In Peptide Chemistry And Drug Design, University of Basel, Switzerland, 3 days ago
The Molecular Pharmacy group at the Pharmacenter of the University of Basel is looking for highly motivated candidates for a full-time postdoctoral position in peptide chemistry and drug design. O...
Postdoctoral Position, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Austria, 2 days ago
A postdoctoral position in the field of organic chemistry and oligosaccharide synthesis for 21 months is available at the Institute of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Nat...
Postdoctoral Researcher, CIC biomaGUNE, Spain, 26 days ago
A post doctoral position is offered at the Soft matter nanotechnology group. The aim of the position is to work on advanced characterization techniques of nanomaterials for safety studies. The pos...
Research Fellow, Pharmacy, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 27 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Assistant Professor Brandon I Morinaka on the production and characterization of a new class of cyclic peptides using posttranslational modi...
Post Doctoral Position In Electrochemical Systems Including Anodic Valorization, ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Spain, 30 days ago
Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) [and/or proven expertise, e.g. patents and high quality publication...
Postdoctoral Researcher (F/M/D) “Structural And Functional Analysis Of Bacterial Natural Products..., Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Germany, 22 days ago
Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts Job description:Area of research: Purification and Isolation of natural products Structural analysis of natural products using modern nuclear-magn...