Animal Ecology Group (all genders welcome)
Facility: FB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology
Contact person: Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu
+49 (0)551 3925445
Date of filling: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 30.04.2023
The JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology at the University of Göttingen is offering a Postdoc position in the
Animal Ecology Group (all genders welcome)
The position will be limited to 3 years with the possibility for prolongation and will be filled as soon as possible.
Salary: Pay grade 100% TV-L 13 of German state regulated public service salary scale.
- Establish an independent research group focusing on the ecology and evolution of soil animals (e.g. micro- and macroarthropods).
- Establish and use molecular techniques to investigate the genetic structure of soil animal species.
- Interest and experience in molecular genetic/genomics methods and automation, including NGS/HTS.
- Experience in the analysis of molecular data sets, preferably both from a phylogenetic and an ecological perspective.
- Cooperative and collaborative leadership style
- Supervise molecular ecology laboratory.
- Contribute to teaching animal ecology in German and English at the BSc and MSc level including MSc courses in soil animal biodiversity and ecology (4 contact hours).
- Initiate new research projects and supervise BSc, MSc and PhD candidates.
- Develop own research ideas and further qualification (habilitation).
- Master and PhD in zoology, ecology or evolution.
- Research focus on invertebrates and strong interest in evolutionary processes in soil animal species.
- Knowledge in statistics and advanced skills in data analysis using R.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life.
The university is particularly committed to the professional participation of severely disabled employees and therefore welcomes applications from severely disabled persons. In the case of equal qualifications, preference is given to applications from people with severe disabilities. A disability or equality is to be included in the application in order to protect the interests.
Please send your application with the usual documents in electronic form as one single pdf file (file name: Surname_Name.pdf)attached to a single email with the subject line “Postdoc” by April 30, 2023 to Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu (phone: +49 (0)551 3925445, e-mail:email@example.com
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Hinweisblatt zur Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO)https://www.uni-goettingen.de/hinweisdsgvo
Leaders Are Welcome To Join The National Key Lab At Ioz, Cas, Institute of Zoology Chinese Academy of Sciences, Spain, 1 day ago
The Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IOZ, CAS) is recruiting the director and deputy directors of the National Key Laboratory of Animal Biodiversity Conservation and Integrated P...
Temporary Animal Care Technician, Wesleyan University, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number T00700 Position Title Temporary Animal Care Technician Department Animal Care Facilities-1220 Job Category Temporary Posting Pay Type H...
Animal Care Technician Ii, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 12 days ago
Animal Care Technician II DLAR-Animal Husbandry - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23003857) Provides animal care to a variety of laboratory animals, including unique diets, basic medical treatments, pr...
Team Leader, Washing Unit, Cpg (W/M), EPFL, Switzerland, 1 day ago
EPFL, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs more than ...
Research Support Technician, Colony Management Program, City of Hope, United States, about 2 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research an...
Senior Scientist In One Microscopy (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
The position is funded through an ERC Synergy grant (Ultraresolution), with the aim to develop and implement fluorescence imaging approaches with a resolution below 1 nm, able to analyze protein s...