Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung.
A print version of this announcement (PDF) is available in the further tabs (e.g. “Application requirements”).
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
The Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum of Angola and the DAAD offer up to 30 scholarships to qualified applicants in the field of Mining engineering, metallurgy, drilling, geology, mining economy, mining law, geosciences and other specialties related to earth sciences for a master’s programme in Germany starting in 2022 (subject to programme resources).
Who can apply?
- have successfully completed generally a bachelor’s* degree/a licenciado/an equivalent degree, that qualifies for a German master’s in the eligible fields (stated above);
- should not have been residents in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline;
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- must be nationals or permanent residents of Angola.
*The bachelor’s degree needs to qualify for a master’s programme at a German university. Please check beforehand, if your degree is recognised for entering the master’s course you would apply for.
What can be funded?
The scholarship includes:
- German Language course (up to 6 months) in Germany before the start of the university studies
- Preparatory course on scientific working skills (3 months) in Germany before the start of the university studies
- Master’s degree programme completed at a state or state-recognised university in Germany
Duration of the funding
Master’s scholarships are awarded for 24 months. To receive further funding after the first year of study, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study. The funding period starts in September/October 2022. During the preparatory German language and scientific working course starting in January 2022, scholarship holders will be accommodated and receive pocket money.
The scholarship covers:
- Monthly scholarship rate (for accommodation, food etc.) of 861 Euro
- Travel allowance (outward and return journey)
- Health insurance, accident and liability insurance, care insurance
- One-off study allowance
- Preparatory German language and scientific working course in Germany including all costs (lump-sum, accommodation)
- Travel allowance for family visit
- Travel costs to host institution during language course
- Further allowances (Rent subsidy etc.)
Applicants who have submitted their documents via the DAAD Portal and who meet the formal requirements will be invited to take a test organized by the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum. The ministry will do a written examination on knowledge and skills.
Final selection is done by an independent bi-national committee trough personal interviews of the candidates in Angola presumably in summer 2021. Travel costs must be covered by the applicant.
If the admission to a German university on the day of the selection was not available yet:
Please note that the applicant itself is responsible for ensuring to apply for admission at the host university by the due date. If notification of admission or the application process itself is not yet available at the time of application, it must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study begins. A Scholarship Award Letter from the DAAD is only valid if you have been admitted to a master’s study programme at a state or state-recognised university in Germany.
The DAAD is not able to intervene in or influence the admission process of the universities. The application deadline for a study start in autumn 2022 is between May and July 2022 at most universities. Nevertheless, universities set their own deadlines and therefore they may vary. Applicants must inform themselves about the respective deadlines for applications.
The language of instruction in study programmes in Germany is usually German, or in international programmes English or German and English.
When applying for a study admission and thus for the beginning of the scholarship, you generally have to submit an appropriate language certificate (e.g. DSH or TestDaF if the language of instruction is German, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English). You should contact your chosen host university in good time to obtain information on this. Further information on the requirements can also be found on our website.
Therefore, you must already prove in your scholarship application what level of knowledge of the language of instruction (German, English, or German and English) of your chosen degree programme you currently have. Please enquire at the universities in question as to whether the required language skills must already be proven with the application for admission to the desired degree programme.
In addition to the scholarship for the degree course, scholarship holders may be awarded a preparatory German language course in Germany. These German language courses will enable you to improve your language skills. However, it is not realistic to reach the level required for university admission within the scope of these courses if you have no or very little knowledge of German by then.
The application is to be sent online only through the DAAD portal.
Please note that the "Application portal" tab in the scholarship database only appears while the current application period is running. Once the application deadline is expired, the portal for this programme is not accessible until next year’s application period.
Please submit your application and all documents in English.
Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD online application form duly filled;
- Curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu );
- University degree certificates, whereby a bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second-class upper division (or equivalent) and a Licenciado degree with not less than 14 values
- If you wish to apply for a study programme in English: Proof of knowledge of English language (should be no older than 2 years); please see further specification under “Language skills”
- If you wish to apply for a study programme in German: Proof of knowledge of German language (should be no older than 2 years); please see further specification under “Language skills”
- Motivation letter (1-3 pages) containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic / professional and personal reasons for the choice of degree programme and for wishing to participate in the programme
- DAAD Form "Information about your preferred master programmes " duly completed
- If already available: Notification of admission from the German host university for the desired master study programme
Please note that master’s programmes in Germany can be found on https://www.hochschulkompass.de/en/study-in-germany.html
Applications must be submitted via the DAAD portal until 15th of April 2021 at the latest.
Applications submitted through other channels or to other authorities will not be considered.
The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
Department Of Earth Sciences Institute For Meteorology University Professor Of Atmospheric Dynamics With A Focus On Theoretical Meteorology And The Middle Atmosphere Salary Grade: W3 Or Equivalent Reference Code: W3 Atmosphärendynamik Bewerbungsende: 29.04.2021, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 1 hour ago
The successful applicant will cover research and teaching in the field of atmospheric dynamics. The research focus of the professorship is the middle atmosphere, mainly in the development and use ...
Tenure Track Professor (W2) In Machine Learning (W1863), Saarland University, Germany, 11 days ago
Saarland University Computer Science is seeking to hire a Tenure Track Professor (W2) in Machine Learning (W1863) with six-year tenure track to a permanent professorship (W3). We are looking for a...
Service Engineer For Cloud Infrastructure And Data Services, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 16 days ago
Work group: JSC - Jülich Supercomputing Centre Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts,IT - Computing Job description: Supercomputers help us find solutions to major scientific challenge...
Hiri Graduate Training Program “Rna & Infection”, Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Germany, 16 days ago
Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: Area of research: The HIRI in Würzburg is a federally funded research institution whose mission is world-class science at the interface of RNA & infe...
Full Or Associate Professor In The Humanities At The Witold Pilecki Institute Of Solidarity And..., Pilecki Institute, Poland, 11 days ago
Core requirements: Academic title of Doctor Habilitatus or Professor Documented achievements in scientific activities topically associated with the period constituting the subject of research of t...
Head Of Finance, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 9 hours ago
MPI-CBG is an institute of the renowned Max Planck Society conducting ground-breaking biomedical research at the forefront of the current state-of-the-art. The institute has an international staff...