Academic Officer (m/f/d)
The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG) in Dresden, Germany, is searching for an Academic Officer (m/f/d)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The MPI-CBG is focused on research in cell, developmental and systems biology. Our research program necessarily spans multiple scales, from molecular assemblies to organs and organisms. Currently, about 500 employees work at the institute, representing over 50 nations and a wide range of scientific expertise. As an employer, MPI-CBG offers an environment that fosters open communication and collaboration; an environment with equal opportunities and support for families. The official language of the institute is English.
As Academic Officer, your primary task will be supporting the management team, most critically the Managing Director (MD), in their spheres of responsibility. A key aspect of the role is about the organization of periodic cycles of reviews (such as the Scientific Advisory Board and Kuratorium) in liaison with the Max Planck Society headquarters. Additionally, you will connect and coordinate with the institute’s drivers of scientific output, including postdocs and Research Group Leaders by facilitating internal as well as external communication, reporting, recruitment and career development, particularly in connection with the Faculty Mentoring Scheme. This role requires an understanding individual able to combine knowledge of research, administration and operations, with interpersonal skills to work in a network of trusted relationships with several stakeholders. It requires high levels of personal credibility, discretion and resilience, as well as a flair for collaboration, planning and prioritization. You shall also coordinate the activities of the Postdoctoral community and play a key role in designing and developing training programmes for their career development.
Job Description & Requirements
- Liaise between the Board of Directors and institute management team, helping to ensure effective collaboration and communication between all internal stakeholders,
- Organise and host high-profile institutional events and visits (e.g., Scientific Advisory Board and Kuratorium)
- Correspond on behalf of the Board of Directors with various governmental and non-governmental agencies in timely and appropriate fashion,
- Provide detailed briefings on Max Planck Society matters ranging from governance and compliance to scientific matters and policy initiatives,
- Coordinate and support postdoctoral fellowship program and the community with various career development opportunities and training programs
- Key liaison with industrial and academic networks to support career development, while maintaining and strengthening alumni relations within the Postdoc network
- PhD and postdoctoral experience in life sciences or equivalent industrial experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to present concepts and synthesize scientific proposals over a range of topics in a coherent manner
- Experience in managing research projects and people skills including interpersonal, organisational and engagement skills
- A pragmatic team player who can work under pressure and manage competing deadlines
- A high level of proficiency in German and English is an absolute requirement for this role
- Business intelligence and awareness of career trends in the Life Sciences Sector, ideally within the German or European setting
- Ability to support and/or design, develop and deliver scientific training programmes with various providers
- Expertise in digital information systems, including website management, social media, and other communication streams
- We offer a diversified job in a young, scientifically oriented, international team in one of the most renowned research institutions worldwide
- Salary and social benefits corresponding to qualification and experience up to salary group E13 TVöD Bund (German civil service tariff)
- Attractive pension plan via VBL (Federal and State Government Employees' Retirement Fund)
- Discounted job ticket (VVO) and good public transport connections
- Support for a positive work-life balance, including assistance with family and childcare matters
The position is available immediately. The initial contract is for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
Please send your complete application materials via our online application system stating 2023-AcademicOfficer-1001 at https://recruitingapp-2443.umantis.com/Vacancies/554/Application/CheckLogin/2?lang=eng
The following materials should be included:
- Cover letter indicating motivation to apply for the position
- Academic and professional certificates
- Contact details of 2 approachable professional references
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For initial inquiries, please contact Brian von Rueden, Head of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Postdoctoral Research Scientists (M/F/D) | Immunoregulation, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany, 15 days ago
Job Code: 2023_22 Job Offer from May 23, 2023 The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried (near Munich, Germany) is one of the leading international research institutions in the...
Ph D Student, Postdoc, Research Associate (M/F/D), Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 4 days ago
Job Code: 10-2023 Job Offer from June 02, 2023 The Center for Epigenetic Mechanisms of Brain Longevity, a collaboration between the research groups of Anne Schaefer and Zak Frentz at the Max Planc...
Lab Manager (M/F/D) | Systems Biology Of Ageing, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 11 days ago
Job Code: 11-2023 Job Offer from May 26, 2023 The Group for Systems Biology of Ageing headed by Dr. Zak Frentz is looking for full time Lab-Manager (m/f/d) (job code 11-2023). Our research group (...
Product Owner (M/F/D) | Phasemeter For Lisa, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Hanover), Hanover, Germany, 18 days ago
Job Offer from May 16, 2023 The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) invites applications for the position of a Product Owner (m/f/d) - Phasemeter for LISA. T...
Image Analysis Specialist (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 5 hours ago
The laboratory of Prof. Fernandez-Busnadiego at the Institute of Neuropathology, University Medical Center Göttingen, is offering a position for an: The goal of the Fernandez-Busnadiego lab is to ...
Clinician Scientist Position (F/M/D), Universitätsmedizin Göttingen, Germany, about 5 hours ago
The Cluster of Excellence „MULTISCALE BIOIMAGING" (MBExC) invites applications for a We are looking for an excellent and highly motivated clinician with an interest in neuro and cardiac research t...