28.08.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The TUM School of Management is offering two Postdoc or Predoc positions in Computational Modeling of Cognition and Behavior. Candidates should possess a Master's in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or related fields, and have experience or interest in cognitive science, computational modeling, and experimental methods. Proficiency in English and programming skills, especially in R, Matlab, or Python, are also desired.Job Posting: TUM School of Management
Being one of the best faculties in Economics in Germany, the TUM School of Management is building a unique bridge between Management and Technology within an international teaching and learning environment.
The Chair of Behavioral Research Methods (Prof. Thorsten Pachur) at the Technical University of Munich, School of Management, is seeking applicants for the following positions:
2 Postdoc or Predoc Positions (100%) in Computational Modeling of Cognition and Behavior (m/f/d)
Requirements / Qualifications
- Candidates should have completed (or are completing) a Master’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, computer science, behavioral economics, or related fields.
- Interest in topics of cognitive science (e.g., judgment and decision making, memory, categorization)
- Interest and experience in the study of cognitive and affective processes (also including individual differences and/or developmental changes across the life span) is desirable
- Experience with (or interest in) computational modeling (also including machine learning, computational linguistics, Bayesian modeling) and/or process tracing (e.g., eye tracking, mousetracking) is desirable.
- Strong skills in experimental methods, quantitative analysis, and statistics
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Matlab, or Python is highly desirable.
- Enthusiasm for conducting high-quality and innovative experimental research
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in pursuing a career in academia
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a research team
- Good communication skills
- Very good proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Conducting high-quality research
- Supporting the teaching and supervision activities of the Chair of Behavioral Research Methods
- After an initial trial period, the positions are for a 3-year term with the possibility of extension(s).
- The working language of the department is English.
- Our group has an excellent collegial atmosphere, with regular academic and other social activities, including scientific talks and informal get-togethers.
- More information on the Chair of Behavioral Research Methods is available here: https://www.msl.mgt.tum.de/en/brm/home/
- A stimulating, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary research environment with excellent resources
- A diverse and demanding job within a modern and prestigious university environment
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of cognitive science and behavioral economics
- Attractive remuneration within the TV-L E14 (for postdocs) and TV-L E13 (for predocs) tariff plan
- Full-time (100% ) position
- The position is available from October 2023 onwards, but later start dates are possible.
- The TUM School of Management is located in the vicinity of several lakes and close to the Alps. Munich itself is a beautiful and cosmopolitan place to live and work.
For full consideration, please submit a cover letter describing your research interests and motivation for applying to the position, a curriculum vitae, and one single representative paper (published or working paper). We are kindly asking you to submit your application without a photo. All documents should be sent as a single PDF file, with your name as the file name, sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 22nd, 2023. TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages applications from qualified women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
For further information, please do not hesitate to email us. We look forward to your application!Technical University of Munich
School of Management
Chair of Behavioral Research Methods
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Pachur
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Doctoral Researcher (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
Doctoral researcher (all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, DNPW - Abt. Funktionelle Agrobiodiversität, there is a position as Doctoral researcher (all gender...
Doctoral Researcher (F/M/D) In History, Leibniz, Germany, about 15 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS) is an interdisciplinary research center in Regensburg, Germany, exploring historical, economic, and political developments in Ea...
Postdoctoral Researcher (M/F/D) Experimental Psychology, Leibniz, Germany, 4 days ago
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally recognized research-based psychology service center located in Trier (Germany) and is belonging to the Leibniz ...
Postdoctoral Researcher (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
Postdoctoral researcher (all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Abteilung für Bioklimatologie des Büsgen-Instituts, there is a position as Postdoctoral resear...
2 Postdoctoral Researchers In Agricultural Economics (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 15 hours ago
2 Postdoctoral Researchers in Agricultural Economics (all genders welcome) Stellen-ID: 2706 Facility: Abteilung für Agrarökonomie und Rurale Entwicklung Contact person: Prof. Xiaohua Yu xyu@un...
Postdoc (M/F/D) Department Experimental Diabetology, Leibniz, Germany, about 15 hours ago
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of ...