This is an onsite position at our ground campus in Atlanta.
The National Admissions Advisor, entry-point position, will interface with prospective students in support of their decision to attend/select school. In addition to communicating the philosophy and features of the school and serving as an advocate for prospective students, a National Admissions Advisor must meet the school’s quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives, as established, in an accurate, professional, and compliant/ethical manner using school-approved admissions processes and procedures.
- Responsible for developing, managing and meeting action plans in order to obtain personal and departmental student population objectives
- Evaluate monthly activity against standards and personal inquiry goals
- Professionally assists prospective students through the admissions process in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations, school policies and procedures, and in compliance with all accrediting standards and requirements.
- Conduct telephone interviews and e-mail correspondence to identify student prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests.
- Develop a rapport with prospective students and maintain contact with them frequently.
- Partners with departments outside of Admissions including Financial Aid, and Academics to ensure the delivery of a high level of service to every student including degree programs.
- Consistently operates within, and is measured with respect to, the school’s expected behaviors: Execution, Communication/Feedback and Professionalism.
- Ensure compliance with applicable University policies and procedures.
Other Duties as Assigned or Requested
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain flexible and easily adapt to changes in work environment or schedule.
- Advisors provide a positive, professional impression for students and staff on the phone and via email.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines as well as communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a highly structured and regulated work environment
- Basic computer skills – experience with Microsoft (WORD, Excel, Outlook) preferred
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills, particularly telephonic – and good written communication skills
- Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others – self-motivating work style
- Mature, positive and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Learns to effectively utilize all applicable school systems, databases and tools effectively.
- Entry point position with the ability to grow within the organization.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or its equivalent required
- Entry level experience in sales and/or customer service
Preferred Education and Experience
- College degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- 1-2 years’ experience in sales and/or customer service
- Post-secondary Higher Education admissions experience
Advisor, Student Services, University of Alberta, Canada, 15 days ago
This casual position has an end date of April 30, 2020. Reporting to the Team Lead, Student Services, the Advisor supports current and prospective students, applicants, parents, alumni and the gen...
Mba Recruitment And Admissions Officer College Of Social Sciences, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Background Birmingham Business School is recruiting a part-time Recruitment and Admissions Officer to support an ambitious MBA recruitment strategy. As we diversify our portfolio to offer Degree A...
Associate Advisor Dorsey Station, University of Maryland University College, Moldova, about 14 hours ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Dorsey - Elkridge, MD Requisition ID: 10009455 . Associate Advisor - Dorsey Station Office of Strategic Enrollment Management Exempt, Contingent II, Ful...
Associate Advisor Waldorf, University of Maryland University College, Moldova, about 14 hours ago
. Associate Advisor - Waldorf Office of Strategic Enrollment Management Contingent II, Exempt, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1 University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Advisor ...
Community Engagement Admissions Officer, University of North Texas, United States, about 20 hours ago
The Office of Outreach and Office of Admissions at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Community Engagement Admissions Specialist to perform the administrative and professional duti...
Associate Director Of Admissions, Online Campus, Adler University, United States, about 14 hours ago
Adler University is a value-centered and growing institution that is seeking an Associate Director of Admissions to join the Office of Admissions, Online Campus. This position reports to the Direc...