Locations: Fort Drum, NY; Fort Gordon, GA
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach on site in the PACE program. Specifically, we are seeking faculty for the following course:
PACE 111 - The PACE faculty member combines the duties of a traditional faculty member and college readiness instructor. The incumbent teaches PACE 111 to new students with generally less than one year of college experience, and that may remain with those students as a coach, advisor, and mentor. The course serves as an orientation to UMGC and exploration of how UMGC academic programs align to professional goals and career options in various specific fields. Focus is on practicing and improving communication and teamwork skills, professionalism, and integrity while exploring ways to develop and enhance career opportunities. Students will become familiar with the university’s academic culture and expectations, reflect on academic and professional goals, complete assignments relevant to their major, discuss ways to advance progress toward a degree through transfer credit and other prior learning, and explore UMGC's resources for student success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Teach PACE 111
- Teach PACE 111 in the modality assigned (online, hybrid, or face to face) in compliance with UMGC academic policies. Must have demonstrated the ability to teach courses in their assigned modality.
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and convey a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect their chosen program with their personal and career goals.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Faculty must be able to discuss the degree plan and consult on the best path for the student to get to graduation.
- Assist students in developing educational and career goals and plans for achieving those goals.
- Help connect students to resources within UMGC and explore those resources for student success.
- Provide consistent encouragement and support to students in support of their educational and career goals.
- Provide personalized feedback to students via email, phone, and video throughout the course.
- Mentor students regarding career planning.
- Must be comfortable with all student demographics.
- Demonstrate empathy and comfort level in discussing personal hardship/challenges that may arise with the student.
- Master's degree
- Teaching at the post- secondary level
- Ability to provide substantive constructive and personalized feedback to students.
- Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Must be open to frequent training and feedback on various topics as they relate to the course.
- Proficient in engaging students in active classroom discussions in the modality in which they are assigned.
- This position is specifically to teach in Fort Drum, NY; San Diego, CA; Fort Gordon, GA
- At least 3 years of experience teaching at the post-secondary level
- Experience teaching adult learners, preferably in an online environment
- Background in student advisement or counseling
- Familiar with growth mindset and student development theory. Honors the ability of every student to break through perceived boundaries through the power of grit and determination.
- Able to respond to student questions with thoughtfulness, intelligence, and empathy.
- Engaging and inspiring.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html .
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.
Epidemiology I: Planning A Study, PhDcourses.dk, Denmark, 7 days ago
Aim and content This course is free of charge for PhD students at Danish universities (except Copenhagen Business School), and for PhD students at graduate schools in the other Nordic countries. A...
Technological Approach For Application Of Liquid Chitosan On Grape Cluster During Withering Process, UNIVERSITA' DEGLI STUDI DI PADOVA - DIPARTIMENTO DI AGRONOMIA ANIMALI ALIMENTI RISORSE NATURALI E AMBIENTE – DAFNAE, Italy, about 17 hours ago
1. Preliminary step on table grapes from the marekt to identify the best chitosan dose 2. Application in drying room and monitoring. Two concentration of chitosan, among those tested in the prelim...
Assistant/Associate Teaching Professor, Drexel University, United States, about 4 hours ago
Assistant/Associate Teaching Professor Apply now Job no: 494801 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City Categories: College of Engineering About Drexel Drexel is a comprehensive global rese...
Office Specialist Sr, Document Management, Applicant Svcs, Arizona State University, United States, 1 day ago
60825BR Campus: Tempe Office Specialist Sr Job Description At Arizona State University, we measure ourselves not by whom we exclude, but rather by whom we include and how they succeed. In Admissio...
At The Department Of Ict And Natural Sciences There Are Vacancies Available As Associate Professor..., NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, about 1 month ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. About the position...
Bi Tester, Open Polytechnic, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Tēnākoe. Nau maikite Kuratini Tuwhera. The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand's leading distance and online learning provider. We specialise in taking the learning to our students, focusing ...