The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
You will join a team of engineers in charge of the modelling, design, tests and installation of scientific instruments that will be used in the ESRF particle accelerator complex and experimental stations (beamlines). You will participate in the development and construction of instruments integrating optical, mechanical and electronic systems: video-microscopes, spectroscopy probes, pyrometric measurements devices, laser heating experiments, metrology systems of high precision displacement (laser interferometers, autocollimators...), imaging detector (integration of specific lenses in custom optics ...), geometrical characterisation tools of X-rays optical components.
Your main duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Propose solutions to build custom optical systems and participate in the definition of functional specifications,
- Design, analyse and optimize systems using modelling tools (Zemax)
- Produce a preliminary design using CAD tools (SolidWorks). Interact with the drafting office to produce a detailed design.
- Participate in the procurement : write specifications, define acceptance tests, select suppliers, follow-up fabrication.
- Build and test prototypes. Perform acceptance tests
- Perform laboratory tests using specific optical instruments to measure high precision displacement. Process and analyse the measurement data.
- Provide expertise for visible optics matters and become in the medium term the ESRF expert in the field.
Full Stack Dev Ops Software Developer , European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) ;, France, 3 days ago
About the team/job EMBL Grenoble is looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to join the Crystallographic Information Management System (CRIMS) project. The Marquez Team operates the High Throu...
Fpga Programming And Embedded Linux, Inria, France, about 20 hours ago
The Emeraude team is a collaboration between Citi and researchers from the GRAME group. GRAME is a "Center National de Création Musicale" (CNCM) organized into three departments: music production,...
Research Engineer In Computer Vision, Inria, France, 25 days ago
Share General Information Theme/Domain : Vision, perception and multimedia interpretation Statistics (Big data) (BAP E) Town/city : Montbonnot Inria Center :CRI Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes Starting dat...
Ingénieur(E) Dev Ops, Inria, France, about 20 hours ago
Share General Information Theme/Domain : Distributed and High Performance Computing Software Experimental platforms (BAP E) Town/city : Lyon Inria Center :CRI Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes Starting date ...
Ingénieur De Développement (F/H) Ui Et Visualisation Scientifique, Inria, France, about 20 hours ago
Share General Information Theme/Domain : Computational Biology Software Experimental platforms (BAP E) Town/city : Lyon Inria Center :CRI Grenoble - Rhône-Alpes Starting date : 2021-11-01 Duration...