Do you want to be involved in building the success of Aalto University?
Join the team of digi-era change makers!
We are now seeking a
Senior Specialist (Data Scientist)
to develop Aalto's management information service to meet complex and ever-growing digital management challenges. In this role, you will be able to influence what kind of analyzed information is available to the management of the university and its departments. The rapid development of tools increases the need for in-house professionals that can help navigate and establish best practices for our community and stakeholders.
As a Data Scientist you will develop qualitative reporting and content analysis, various automated prediction and classification models by utilizing machine learning, NLP and statistical/mathematical methods. You will also design, develop and maintain databases, reporting templates and APIs.
- Applicable University degree
- Strong expertise and hands-on experience in data mining and preparing/refining, creating descriptive analytics of the data, pseudo-/anonymizations as well as visualizing and publishing data for other analytics; (e.g. self-service analytics, scientific research and teaching)
- Statistics and/or Mathematics (e.g. algorithms, calculus, linear algebra)
- Python, NLP, SQL, JSON, XML
- ML frameworks & open-source libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, Gensim, Tensorflow)
- Excellent written and spoken English
We also value
- Azure and/or R
- Finnish language
- We appreciate strong expertise, experience and versatility in Data Science and Analytics as well as experience in corresponding tasks in an international and multicultural environment.
- High-level professionals of data engineers and data analysts as colleagues
- Position in the heart of the development of the D&A of the University
- Supportive atmosphere and good working environment, modern tools and software, healthcare and well-being services
- Flexibility and many opportunities for organizing your own work
- Good opportunities for further development with e.g. Aalto's own courseware, external training providers, or with the help of your colleagues and the library of the University.
Ready to apply?
If you want to join our community, please submit your application through our recruitment site by using the link on Aalto University’s web page ("Apply”) by Sunday 3.10.2021. To apply, please share your motivation letter and CV with us.
If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Head of MIS Matti Apajalahti, email@example.com , or tel. 358 50 384 1730 (available on Wed-Fri 22.-24.9. at 11-17 and onThu-Fri 30.9.-1.10. at 11-17 local time). For questions related to the recruitment process, please contact HR Coordinator Kirsi Söderlund, firstname.lastname@example.org .
More about Aalto University:
Two Assistant Professors Natural Language Processing, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 14 days ago
Within both our research and education, we see an increasing role within many of the scientific subjects and disciplines for natural language processing (NLP) technology in our two Computer Scienc...
Junior Research Engineer In Natural Language Processing , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 17 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term The ETH Media ...
Study Advisor / Staff Member International Office (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Do you want to inform, advise and support international students when it comes to study choices, study planning, study progress and (im)possibilities? Will you be an important link in the developm...
Coordinator And Project Lead Library Systems, Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Coordinator and project-lead library systems Coordinator and project-lead library systems Published Deadline Location 22 Oct 7 Nov Maastricht Please note: this is an internal vacancy. You can only...
Social Media Content Manager, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 4 hours ago
Love social media? Do you want to try new things and create campaigns? Do you have a strategic and creative brain and want to develop our social presence? Work on the social media team for one of ...
Research Analyst, Asian Institute Of Digital Finance, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
About the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) The AIDF is a university-level institute in NUS, jointly founded by The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), the National Research Foundation ...