Are you looking for a meaningful job in the field of microelectronics and quantum technologies with a possibility to make an impact?
VTT is one of the leading research organizations in Europe and we are operating the largest R&D cleanroom in the Nordic countries, located in Micronova premises, Espoo. We develop innovative enabling technologies and apply them to practical micro- and nanosystems. We work closely with global players in the microelectronics field, including demanding industrial partners. What unites us at VTT are the curiosity, passion of learning and devotion to finding solutions to global challenges and answers to our customers’ needs. You can familiarize with us further by exploring VTT’s research infra through VTT World .
We are now looking for a visionary Research Team Leader for new miniature optics team.
The new team is part of VTT’s Microelectronics and quantum technology research area. Miniature optics has main focuses in miniaturization of optical components especially based on mass producible technologies. The main research and development is related to following technologies:
- surface MEMS
- MEMS fabry-perot filters for hyperspectral imaging
- IR spectroscopic devices and
One of the main goals in the team is to bring hyperspectral imaging to mobile phones. The team has competences from design and characterization to manufacturing in Micronova cleanroom. Research is done in close collaboration with other VTT teams, research partners and customers both in Finland and abroad.
With us, you will be responsible for:
- Visionary leadership of the team. You will be the spokesperson for the miniature optics research topics and take an active role in promoting its visibility.
- Relevance and ambition of the team’s project portfolio and impactful collaboration with companies, policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Working as one of the key contributors of the area and participating in relevant research projects also yourself.
- As member of the VTT’s Microelectronics and quantum technology research area’s leadership team, you find ways to combine competences and foster internal-/external collaboration to ensure wider impact.
- This is a line manager role, so you are responsible for coaching the team and team members’ performance as an inspirational leader. Employee wellbeing, recruitment and team’s competence development are your key priority.
Your profile and experience:
- Excellent substance knowledge and understanding of the miniature optics team’s research content.
- Proven research skills with a strong track record and several years of working experience in driving excellence and impact in research. You have a Master of Science degree in a relevant field or equivalent science experience. A doctoral degree is considered as an asset.
- Interest to commercialize team’s research and development to international customers.
- As a leader, you want to create positive drive and get people excited by coaching and setting ambitious targets together with the team. Strong and proven interpersonal skills are mandatory in the position.
- Good communication skills and ability to build high value research collaboration in the area.
- You should be proficient in English language.
As a person, we hope that you are:
- Science and technology leader with visionary view of your substance area
- Motivating people leader with the ability to coach and develop people
- Proactive and possess a self-driven mind-set
- Creative and have the ability to develop new, innovative solutions for customers utilising existing and emerging solutions
- Eager to learn and an ambitious to achieve high goals.
With VTT, you’ll enjoy:
- Visionary work in technology. We offer positions at the cutting-edge of technology and engineering from next generation microelectronics and quantum technology to automation and robotics, energy systems and more. Our research agenda is dedicated to creating sustainable growth by solving systemic and technological challenges, so your work will go towards creating real, positive impact. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope .
- Fascinating projects, excellent research environment. Our researchers get to work on a combination of cutting-edge academic research and applied customer projects, both locally and internationally. At VTT, you’ll have state-of-the-art research facilities at your disposal, such as Micronova, the Finnish research infrastructure for micro-, nano- and quantum technologies.
- Great career opportunities, superb colleagues. At VTT, excellence in research is a strategic priority. We offer long-term positions and stable career paths in top-level research. People tend to stay with us over 10 years since there are always new roles and responsibilities to grow into. Collaborating in a cross-disciplinary community with superb colleagues is a source of learning, inspiration, and fun.
- Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture great team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work–life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays, we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programmes and trainings on cognitive ergonomics.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 21th of October 2022.
Interested and want to know more?
For further information, please contact Tauno Vähä-Heikkilä, Vice President, Microelectronics, firstname.lastname@example.org . Calling time is Monday the 10th of October between 15:00-16:30 hours Finnish time, tel. +358407587941.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply between 5 October 2022 and 21 October 2022 23:59 (Europe/Helsinki)
Employment type: full time
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Full / Associate / Assistant Professor In Microelectronics, UNIVERSITY OF MACAU, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
(Ref. No.: IME/FAAP/01/2023) The University of Macau (UM) is an internationalized public comprehensive university in the Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) located at the west bank of the ...
Ic Design Support Specialist, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 3 days ago
As an ASIC / IC design support specialist, you will work in the Department of Microelectronics, part of the Faculty of EEMCS (Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science) of Delft Uni...
Lab Helper A, McGill University, Canada, about 4 hours ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Ic Design Support Specialist, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Advancing technology for next‐generation circuits and systems. As an ASIC / IC design support specialist, you will work in the Department of Microelectronics, part of the Faculty of EEMCS (Electri...
Research Engineer (R & D Ald / Pvd / Pecvd Process), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Job Description Fabrication of large-area high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon wafer solar cells (>26%) and large-area perovskite-silicon tandem solar cells (>30%) Research focusing on the foll...
Global Scholar Recruitment Campaign, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 3 days ago
Global Scholar Recruitment Campaign City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is one of the world’s leading universities, known for innovation, creativity and research. We are now seeking exceptional ...