The LUT School of Business and Management is looking for a Junior Researcher (Doctoral Student) in the area of International Business. The post is deemed to strengthen the international marketing team, but involves interdisciplinary work.
We are looking for a curious mind who is interested in contributing to an interdisciplinary research project on “Advanced information technologies and sustainable development”.
The doctoral student will be jointly supervised by Professor Olli Kuivalainen (LUT University, School of Business and Management) and Professor Rudolf Sinkovics (University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School, UK). The doctoral student is expected to spend time at the University of Glasgow during the doctoral studies.
You must have a master’s degree degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g., International Business, International Marketing, Innovation and Regional Development, International Management, Entrepreneurship) and the ability and motivation to complete the doctoral studies within their normative duration (i.e., four years). A fluent written and spoken proficiency in English is required.
- be interested in writing a dissertation on research areas such as:
- Advanced technologies and international business
- Industry 4.0 and innovation
- Digitalization and digital transformation
- Industry 4.0 technology for regional catch-up
- have basic knowledge on international business, international marketing, entrepreneurship, regional studies or innovation management and qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- be ready to spend 3-6 months twice at University of Glasgow, UK during the doctoral studies (to be able to collect longitudinal data from the UK, and to be able to take part in courses in Glasgow)
- Completion of the doctoral degree within four years
- Assisting in teaching
- Participation in research projects
What we offer
- An opportunity to launch a successful academic career and to become an expert in international business with a special focus on the impact of advanced technologies on sustainable regional development
- A four-year (1+3 years) employment contact for completing the doctoral degree
- An employment contract can be concluded only if the candidate obtains the right to pursue postgraduate studies at LUT University
- The contract will be made initially for one year and can be extended by three years provided that the studies and research have progressed successfully
- Encouraging and supportive supervision by and research collaboration with Professor Olli Kuivalainen (LUT University, School of Business and Management) and Professor Rudolf Sinkovics (University of Glasgow, Adam Smith Business School, UK)
The work will start in between May and August 2023 (negotiable) with a six-month probation period. The job is based in Lappeenranta, Finland. The typical gross annual starting salary for a junior researcher is approximately 30 800 euros (plus a holiday bonus in accordance with the collective agreement).
How to apply
Please submit all the application materials in English:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A copy of your degree certificate; if the original documents are not in English, Finnish or Swedish, each document must be accompanied by an official certified translation into English or Finnish
- A motivation letter: an account of your merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 2 pages)
- A research plan (5–10 pages) on the subject area presenting your preliminary dissertation research plan with a review of relevant literature, research gap and potential research questions as well as research methods and data.
The deadline for applications is 28 February 2023, at midnight Finnish local time (+ 2h). Please submit your application together with the required attachments through the university's online application system, by clicking the 'Apply' button.
For more information, please contact Professor Olli Kuivalainen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more LUT as an employer and LUT Doctoral School
Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of 7 500 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We are the world’s ninth best university for climate action.
Postdoctoral Researcher In Genetics And Functional Genomics, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 1 hour ago
We are looking for a skilled postdoctoral fellow with a computational, mathematical, statistical, and/or bioinformatic background in genetics and functional genomics at the Institute for Molecula...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Carbon Action, University of Helsinki, Finland, 35 minutes ago
The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry at the University of Helsinki invites applications for the position of a POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER to work in research projects tightly connected to Finnish C...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Macroeconomics, University of Helsinki, Finland, 34 minutes ago
The Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Helsinki invites applications for the position of POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER for a fixed three-year period starting on the 1st of September, 2023. ...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Ecology And Evolutionary Biology, University of Helsinki, Finland, 39 minutes ago
The Finnish Museum of Natural History LUOMUS is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher in ecology and evolutionary biology to join Plant Adaptation and Conservation (PAC) group. ...
Postdoctoral Researcher / Project Researcher Fixed Term Position, University of Turku, Finland, about 8 hours ago
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher / project researcher position at the Finnish Centre for Astronomy with ESO (FINCA). FINCA is a national research institute that takes care of...
Post Doc Mapping And Modelling Inequalities On Labour Market & Health Outcomes, University of Groningen, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Post-doc Mapping and modelling inequalities on labour market & health outcomes (V23.0099) « Back to the overview Job description The postdoc will work on the project, “Mapping Inequalities through...