We, at the University of Oulu, work as part of the international science community to produce new scientific information and science-based solutions. We are committed to educate future pioneers to build a more sustainable, intelligent and humane world. Creating new, taking responsibility and succeeding together build strong foundation in all our actions. We offer a working environment where individuals can cultivate their skills, do meaningful work, and develop professionally. Our university's several specialized research and service units enable extensive and diverse development and career opportunities for experts in various fields.
We are now looking for
a Postdoctoral Researcher
to join the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (ITEE), AIF Team at the University of Oulu. Allied ICT Finland is the largest research to business ICT network in the Nordics.
AIF Team facilitates operations to accelerate the preparation and submission, increase the efficiency of implementation and ensure the impact of joint ICT-related projects. Team operates closely with companies, research organizations and public entities. Team also participates to major research projects.
There is one position available. Your work will be about improving our data analytics capabilities, ways to present the results, and planning and executing data collection with project topics like:
- A modular, mobile, environment-sensing sensor platform utilizing edge computing and 5G real-time data transfer to be used to develop new property management services.
- Digitalization of water utilities to help wastewater network management, by developing tools and methods of collecting data with IoT, to manage data with AI and store the data in a safe way in the cloud.
- Utilization of sensor and platform technologies in areas such as education, property management, mobilization or health.
The key responsibilities of the position of the postdoctoral researcher are:
- Contributing to cutting edge ICT research projects (e.g., 6G , Smart Campus , SuperIoT , Analytics+ )
- Planning and executing empirical data collection from research projects
- Recording and analyzing scientific data and observations in detail
- Co-publishing of research results in high-quality international journals and other publishing venues
The candidate should have a doctoral degree in relevant ICT area such as data analytics, computer science, advanced systems, networks and applications. The following skills and experience are required:
- Ability to think logically and understand complex ideas and data
- Ability to integrate, interpret, and summarize data from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in working in research projects
- Proven experience in writing scientific articles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven skills on data analytics and relevant mathematical and statistical methods
- Experience in analytics tools e.g., R and MatLab
The following are considered as a plus:
- Experience writing code examples
- Practical experience with software development
- Can work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
We offer you an interesting and versatile position in AIF Team and the possibility to develop professionally with the help of an experienced and enthusiastic team. Furthermore, we offer the development opportunities of a big organization with flexible working hours, excellent work-life balance and occupational healthcare services.
The salary will be based on the level 5 of the demand level chart for for teaching and research personnel of Finnish universities. In addition, a salary component based on personal work performance will be paid (maximum of 50 % of the job-specific component).
Applications and further information
Applications, together with all relevant enclosures, should be submitted using electronic application form by Monday, May 31st , 2021 at 23:59 (Finnish local time). Please include the following attachments in your application:
- CV including a list and descriptions of all previous jobs
- motivation letter describing prior experience and career plan (max. 1 page)
- list of publications (with ten most important indicated)
- certificates/diplomas (scanned electronic copies of diplomas and transcripts of the records of relevant previous degrees).
The position is filled as of June 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. The duration of the job is 12 months. A trial period of 6 months is applied in the position.
Further details are available from Professor Jaakko Sauvola, +358503839272, jaakko.sauvola(at)oulu.fi
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, 26 days ago
The Finnish Institute for Educational Research (FIER) is currently seeking to recruit a candidate for a fixed-term position of POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER for the period 1.11.2021 (or as soon as poss...
Junior Researcher (Doctoral Student) In Membrane Science, LUT University, Finland, 2 days ago
The LUT School of Engineering Science is looking for a junior researcher (doctoral student) for a project on the use of natural phenolic compounds as membrane modifiers to decrease biofouling prob...
Postdoc In Media Psychology/Communication/Media Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Department: Interdisciplinary Research Team on Internet and Society – Faculty of Social Studies Deadline: 17 Oct 2021 Start date: January 2022 (negotiable) MASARYK UNIVERSITY The Dean of Faculty ...
Postdoc In Media Psychology / Communication / Media Studies , Masaryk University, Czech, about 10 hours ago
MASARYK UNIVERSITY The Dean of Faculty of Social Studies OPENS A POSITION of Postdoc in media psychology / communication / media studies Workplace: Interdisciplinary Res...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Machine Learning For Biomaterials, Aalto University, Finland, 26 days ago
The Department of Applied Physics is now looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher The Computational Electronic Structure Theory (CEST ) group at Aalto University is hiring a Postdoctoral Researcher. ...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Molecular Mechanisms Of Transcription, University of Turku, Finland, 13 days ago
The Molecular Mechanisms of Transcription laboratory at the Department of Life Technologies, University of Turku, Finland is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to join our international team. T...