University of Nottingham Ningbo China is seeking to recruit a Teaching Fellow in Economics in Nottingham University Business School China.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To deliver teaching across a range of modules in Economics area providing curriculum leadership within own area of expertise, in a variety of settings including small group tutorials as well as lectures;
- To identify the learning needs of students and ensure that the content, methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives of course(s) in economics area;
- To supervise and provide first line support for undergraduate and/or postgraduate student’s projects, as appropriate and contribute to collaborative decision making with colleagues on the assessment of students work to identify and respond to the diversity of students’ needs;
- To develop and continually update knowledge and understanding in field or specialism and to seek ways of improving own performance by reflecting on pedagogical teaching design, delivery and obtaining and analysing feedback in order to develop own teaching and learning skills;
- To identify and investigate issues which relate to teaching and learning which may arise in the area of information systems and analytics both individually and/or collaboratively.
- A Ph.D or close to completion in economics;
- Experience of teaching/tutorial work in economic at degree level or equivalent in an international English-speaking institution;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English;
- Good potential in scholarly research to ensure research informed teaching.
- Ability to teach econometrics and mathematical subjects in economics and finance is a plus.
Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China. Located in Ningbo, this award winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of over 8,000 in just 16 years.
As a key component of UNNC, Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) China is an integral part of the Nottingham University Business School awarding the same internationally recognized degrees offered by Nottingham in the UK. In operation for just over 10 years, NUBS China currently has approximately 2,800 students of which about 400 are enrolled in postgraduate programmes including a Ph.D. programme. It has a rapidly expanding international faculty of about 90, all based in Ningbo China and coming from 27 countries or so. The school is EQUIS accredited and is part of a university that is highly rated and is seeking to improve further its ranking among the world’s top research and teaching universities. NUBS China focuses its efforts around the three "I"s-International, Innovative, and Interactive. Since 2011, NUBS China has rapidly progressed towards an increasing focus on high impact research, customized executive education, and high quality teaching.
Your Remuneration, Benefits and Support
You will be offered a fixed term contract initially with University of Nottingham Ningbo China for a period of up to three years with effect from 1 September 2021 or as soon as thereafter. This contract may be extended on an indefinite basis based on mutual agreement. Salary will be within the range of RMB 323,198 to RMB 440,485 per annum depending on skills and experience (salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance). In addition, an attractive package including employment support allowance, first arrival allowance and insurance will be provided for international appointments.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application via our on-line application system before 31 March 2021 at https://hrms.nottingham.edu.cn/psc/PRDHCM/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=181761&PostingSeq=1
Only on-line applications made at (http://job.nottingham.edu.cn ) will be accepted. Referees will be contacted prior to interview and interviews will take place in Ningbo China.
Informal enquiries regarding these vacancies may be addressed to Dr. Wei Huang , Head of Department of Finance, Accounting and Economics of Nottingham University Business School China at email: Wei.Huang@nottingham.edu.cn. If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human Resources Office, Tel: 86 574 88180000(ext.8854), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equality and Diversity
University of Nottingham Ningbo China is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff. It is our intention to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age*, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs, trade union membership, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.
Associate Professor In Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
University of Nottingham Ningbo China} School of Mathematical Sciences Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics/Statistics Join a unique British University in China. University of Nottingham Nin...
Assistant Professor In Applied Mathematics , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥411,197 to ¥541,469 £46,346.01 to £61,028.97 converted salary* pe...
Associate Professor In Applied Mathematics , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥580,035 to ¥688,900 £65,375.74 to £77,645.92 converted salary* pe...
Teaching Fellow In Literature Or Applied Linguistics , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥331,602 to ¥380,522 £36,962.02 to £42,414.88 converted salary* pe...
Assistant Professor In Computer Science , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥411,197 to ¥541,469 £45,834.07 to £60,354.84 converted salary* pe...
Visiting Teaching Fellow In Computer Science , University of Nottingham Ningbo, China ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location:Ningbo - ChinaSalary: ¥311,681 to ¥372,162 £34,660.49 to £41,386.28 converted salary* pe...