As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to work on the modelling of microgrid electrical assets for reliability, condition monitoring and microgrids interconnection research.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to develop a microgrid digital twin (DT) model for effective energy management and deployment.
- Work with the research team in SP One for data collections from electrical asset in SP Concept Lab.Work with SIT research team to deliver the work scope and undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Fine tune the dynamic models of solar PVs and battery energy storage systems, power electronic converters and electrical loads for microgrid applications for SP Concept Lab and Ubin microgrid
- Verification of developed models using monitored data and application of machine learning to “learn” in real-time
- To be involved in the data analytics of battery degradation for conditions monitoring and prediction for asset maintenance
- Verification of built DT models, deliver the working prognosis algorithm and successfully connect with commercial MG EMS controller
- Implement and carry out simulation studies on the stability of interconnected-microgrid.
- To study the dynamic response when two independent grid is connected.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and assist in laboratory management.
- Mentor students involved in the research project
- For those hired at senior level, management responsibilities may be included.
- Have a Bachelor degree or above in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University. Major in Power Engineering will be advantageous.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in dynamic modelling and energy management optimization algorithm development using MATLAB/Simulink, PSCAD or PLECS for microgrid applications.
- Knowledge on predictive control, data analytic is highly preferred.
- Have experience and commitment to supervising student projects and providing training.
- Self-motivated team player and good project management skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with people within and external to the university.
- Self-directed learner who believes in continuous learning and development
- Proficient in technical writing for report as well as to make presentation on project
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills needed for predictive control and data analytic
- Show strong initiative and take ownership of work
Applications close: 31 Dec 2022 Singapore Standard Time
Research Assistant Nanobioelectronics And Biosensors Group, ICN2, Spain, about 5 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Postdoc Position In Modelling Of Polymer Electrolytes For Li Batteries, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
Published: 2022-09-05 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Postdoc Position Ku Leuven (Erc Advanced Grant E Duality), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 28 days ago
(ref. BAP-2022-655) Laatst aangepast : 29/08/2022 The research group KU Leuven ESAT-STADIUS is currently offering 2 Postdoc positions (1 year, possibly extendable) within the framework of the ERC ...
Research Fellow (Power Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 24 days ago
A Research Fellow position is available in the Rolls-Royce@NTU Corporate Laboratory, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Description: Perform simulations with appropriate details Crea...
Research Assistant In Computer Science, Mälardalen University, Sweden, 14 days ago
Mälardalen University is growing and evolving due to increased research funding from the Swedish Government. Join our team on this exciting journey towards MDU`s vision, to be a progressive and co...
Postdoctoral Position On Structural Electrolyes For Structural Batteries, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
This call is for a postdoctoral position who will have a key role in an exciting interdisciplinary project between three departments at Chalmers University of Technology. The aim of the project is...