AI Singapore (AISG) is a national AI programme launched by the National Research Foundation (NRF) to anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The programme office is hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and brings together all Singapore-based research institutions and the vibrant ecosystem of AI start-ups and companies developing AI products to perform use-inspired research, grow the knowledge, create the tools, and develop the talent to power Singapore's AI efforts.
The Technology Pillar of AI Singapore is looking to hire a Research Fellow specialising in Artificial Intelligence to conduct constant high-quality research in target domains with significant outputs. The researcher will undertake in-depth research to design and develop grant challenges that can be implemented to help solve impactful societal problems.
The Research Fellow will work closely with Principal Investigators, Software Engineers and Project Managers to deliver high-impact publications of top-tier international conferences and journals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility study on various AI research topics
- Survey the state-of-the-art algorithms and applications for target topics
- Develop problem statement and evaluation metrics for target topics
- Investigate dataset availability and lead dataset generation
- Perform quality benchmarking on datasets
- Publish high-quality research papers on the survey and benchmarking in top-tier international conferences and journals
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and technology transfer activities with partners from both public and private sectors
- A PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, with specialization related to data science and artificial intelligence;
- Computational thinking with proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Experienced in working with a diverse range of data types;
- Experienced in using the latest AI, and big data platforms;
- Experienced in working in a team, with people of diverse skillsets; and
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Deputy President(Res&Tech)
Department : AI Singapore
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16401
Research Fellow, Grab Nus, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
The Role The Research Fellow will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research in machine learning and big data for the Grab-NUS AI Lab to solve real-world transportation challenges with rigor...
Research Assistant, Machine Learning And Nlp, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description The Institute of Data Science at National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for a Research Assistant to work on machine learning (ML) for natural language processing (NLP) r...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Information Law , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Do you want to help us to set up the AI, Media & Democracy Lab? We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher in Information law. The AI, Media and Democracy ELSA Lab’s aim is to set up an experime...
Research Fellow, Computer Science, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Fellow in the Department of Computer Science, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly comm...
Research Fellow (Co2 Conversion), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Job Description A PostDoctoral position (research fellow) are available in the group of Assistant Professor Yanwei LUM at the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National Univ...
Post Doc In Computer Science With Focus On Cybersecurity, Performance, And/Or Related Areas, Linköping University, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...