The Ohio State University is seeking a Country Director to oversee Ohio State’s strategic engagement and operations of the India Gateway, and to manage the local staff in achieving the objectives and goals of Ohio State and the Office of International Affairs. This position is employed under the parent organization of the OSU Global Gateway India Private Limited, and it reports to the Executive Director, Global Gateways and Partnerships who is located in Columbus, Ohio.
This position oversees Ohio State’s strategic engagement in India and is located in our Mumbai, India office. Ohio State has been engaged in India for over half a century and established its Gateway office in Mumbai in 2012.
Lead and support the four strategic areas of focus for the Global Gateways, in India
1. Prospective and current student support
- Supporting university’s enrolment plans by attending recruitment fairs and events, developing recruitment targets and supporting recruitment activities;
- Acting as a conduit between Ohio State and international students in India to keep everyone informed, share know-how and knowledge about students’ unique needs;
- Facilitating global education opportunities and/or programs and promoting career opportunities for graduating students.
2. Partnerships and collaborations
- Supporting faculty and staff through research connections, market assessment, information on grant opportunities and assisting formalize partnerships with in-country partners;
- Collaborating with various partners on in-country events and conferences and providing relevant logistical support (coordinating with partners, confirming speakers, promotion and marketing and post event analysis).
3. Corporate engagement
- Working with Ohio companies with international operations and in-region companies to develop relationships and engage with the university on executive education programs, experiential opportunities for students, training and events.
4. Alumni engagement
- In collaboration with the office of International Advancement and Alumni Affairs, connecting and engaging with international alumni to strengthen their relationship with the university;
- Developing and supporting alumni-club activities in the region by collaborating with club leadership to engage alumni in meaningful ways.
Develop and implement strategic initiatives to support Ohio State’s mission in India
- Advise, collaborate and assist the Executive Director with development and management of short-term and long-term goals, objectives and strategic initiatives;
- Track, monitor and report on metrics to assess progress on goals and strategic areas of focus;
- Work collaboratively with staff to administer high-impact global programs that expand interdisciplinary academic and research partnerships and increase grants awarded to Ohio State;
- Work with various colleges and units, Ohio State faculty and staff to host at least one annual signature conference, in-country;
- Manage (timeline, budget, responsibilities) the flow of assigned projects and work with staff to provide project management and logistical support to Ohio State leadership, faculty, researchers and staff engaged in work in India;
- Work with staff and Executive Director to identify funding opportunities for Ohio State to expand the university’s global engagement in India and South Asia.
Oversee business development activities and ensure effective management of relationships
- Identify, source, negotiate, and secure new partnership opportunities with academia, government, non-profit and the business communities for Ohio State to build and enhance its research and teaching mission in India;
- Negotiate, prepare and monitor contracts with partners, as needed, to ensure compliance with legal requirements and mutually agreed upon budget;
- Develop and execute effective systems for communications and marketing to promote Ohio State’s brand and de-risk relationships;
- Establish and maintain productive relationships within Ohio State and with international stakeholders to advance campus internationalization.
Staff and operations management
- Direct, coordinate, and advise the day-to-day operations of the India Gateway team;
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate coaching, training and opportunities for personal growth and professional development;
- Evaluate the contribution and performance of direct reports by providing timely and consistent feedback and conducting annual Performance Reviews
- Foster a work environment that supports Ohio State’s values and mission
- Ensure functional cross team collaboration, as applicable, with the China and Brazil Gateway teams
- Collaboratively develop office policies, ensure continuous improvement of procedures and analyse processes to ensure delivery against targets. Provide oversight to ensure all policies and controls are followed and adequate;
- Oversee compliance of India Gateway’s corporate entity (OSU Global Gateway India Private Limited Company) with relevant country laws;
- Create forecasts, monitor expenses and manage the India Gateway finances and bank account; advise the Executive Director on India Gateway’s financial position.
Communications and marketing management
- Ensure all program development, project management and delivery processes are of a consistently high standard and meet the requirements of the Global Gateways;
- Ensure timely, accurate, complete reporting and information flows;
- Verify marketing materials and social media posts adhere to Ohio State’s branding guidelines;
- Ensure newsletters and social media content build the brand and profile of Ohio State in India, as well as inform stakeholders at Ohio State and abroad of India Gateway’s initiatives and activities;
- Collaborate and engage with Ohio State alumni both in-country and with the Indian diaspora community in Ohio to further Ohio State’s global engagement and to enhance Ohio State’s brand and profile.
Professors/Associate Professor/Assistant Professors / Jindal School Of Journalism And Communication, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Professors/Associate Professor/Assistant Professors / Jindal School of Journalism and Communication (JSJC) About the University: O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognize...
Faculty Positions At Jindal Global Business School (Jgbs) , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors/ Lecturers/ Assistant Lecturers, Jindal Global Business School (JGBS): O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class ...
Professors/Associate Professors / Assistant Professors, Jindal Institute Of Behavioural Sciences , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Professors/Associate Professors / Assistant Professors, Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences (JIBS) O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognized leader in higher educat...
Faculty Positions At Jindal School Of Public Health & Human Development (Jsph) , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Professors/Associate Professors / Assistant Professors / Lecturers / Assistant Lecturers, Jindal School of Public Health & Human Development (JSPH) About the University: O.P. Jindal Global Univers...
Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors/ Lecturers Of Psychology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors/ Lecturers of Psychology, Jindal School of Liberal Arts & Humanities (JSLH) O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world c...
Professors/Associate Professors / Assistant Professors, Jindal School Of Psychology & Counselling, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Professors/Associate Professors / Assistant Professors, Jindal School of Psychology & Counselling (JSPC) O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an internationally recognized leader in higher educa...