UT is Estonia's leading centre of research and training. It preserves the culture of the Estonian people and spearheads the country's reputation in research and provision of higher education. UT belongs to the top 1.2% of world's best universities.
As Estonia's national university, UT stresses the importance of international co-operation and partnerships with reputable research universities all over the world. The robust research potential of the university is evidenced by the fact that the University of Tartu has been invited to join the Coimbra Group, a prestigious club of renowned research universities.
UT includes four faculties. To support and develop the professional competence of its students and academic staff, the university has entered into bilateral co-operation agreements with 79 partner institutions in 31 countries. Information for new employees: http://www.ut.ee/en/welcome/staff-checklist
We are currently looking for a Research Professor of Bioinformatics.
Duties and responsibilities in this role are the following:
Research, development and creative activities, at least 75% of working time
1. High-level RDC activities, incl. leading and directing RDC activities in the bioinformatics, taking care that necessary resources are available for it and taking responsibility for the performance of RDC activities.
2. Leading the workgroup of Bioinformatics in the Institute of Genomics and participation in the development of Estonian Biobank.
3. Applying for funding and executing ongoing projects according to the development plan of Estonian Biobank.
4. Development of software for genetic analysis.
5. Internationally recognised research in five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of three doctoral theses.
6. Supervision of academic staff members involved in RDC activities.
7. Participation in the research-organisational activities of international dimension.
8. Participation in the development of specialist terminology or in the organisation thereof.
9. Development of skills necessary for RDC activities, and professional development.
Teaching and activities related to the administration and development of teaching, at least 5% of working time
1. Teaching of primarily master’s and doctoral students, using modern teaching methods and educational technology, and supervision of students, incl. doctoral students. Doctoral dissertations have been defended under the supervision of the research professor in five years.
2. Ensuring the availability of future academic staff in the field.
3. Professional development to enhance teaching and supervising skills.
Participation in university governance and institutional development, at least 5% of working time
Social and public activities, at least 5% of working time.
See also job description .
Bioinformatics Scientist For The Nbis/Sci Life Lab Node In Lund (Pa2019/2483), University of Lund, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are...
Echo Tech Noninvasive Cardiology Per Diem 8 Hour Days (Union), University of Southern California, United States, about 5 hours ago
Minimum Education: Completion of program related to sonography with emphasis on Echocardiography. Minimum Experience/Knowledge: Minimum of one year experience in performing Echocardiagrams, Stress...
Scientist At National Research Foundation, National Research Foundation, South Africa, 12 days ago
About the Position Scientist (5-year contract) SARChI Purpose: The iThemba Laboratory for Accelerator Based Sciences (iThemba LABS) is a multidisciplinary research facility that provides opportuni...
Staff Scientist Occupational Environmental And Epidemiology Branch, National Institutes of Health, United States, 27 days ago
Position Description: The Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (DCEG), National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH), is recruiting a Staff Scientist in the Occupati...
Manager, Support Services, Multimedia, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Job Description The Manager Support Services – Multimedia is responsible for providing the day-to-day management of the audio/video team to insure quality and timely installation and support of di...
Director, Buist Research, Innovation And Technology Incubation Park , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated position; The position is based at BIUST Campus, Palapye. The position is offered on a contract of 2 to 5 y...