UT is Estonia's leading centre of research and training. It preserves the culture of the Estonian people and spearheads the country's reputation in research and provision of higher education. UT belongs to the top 1.2% of world's best universities.
As Estonia's national university, UT stresses the importance of international co-operation and partnerships with reputable research universities all over the world. The robust research potential of the university is evidenced by the fact that the University of Tartu has been invited to join the Coimbra Group, a prestigious club of renowned research universities.
UT includes four faculties. To support and develop the professional competence of its students and academic staff, the university has entered into bilateral co-operation agreements with 79 partner institutions in 31 countries. Information for new employees: http://www.ut.ee/en/welcome/staff-checklist
We are currently looking for a Research Professor of Bioinformatics.
Duties and responsibilities in this role are the following:
Research, development and creative activities, at least 75% of working time
1. High-level RDC activities, incl. leading and directing RDC activities in the bioinformatics, taking care that necessary resources are available for it and taking responsibility for the performance of RDC activities.
2. Leading the workgroup of Bioinformatics in the Institute of Genomics and participation in the development of Estonian Biobank.
3. Applying for funding and executing ongoing projects according to the development plan of Estonian Biobank.
4. Development of software for genetic analysis.
5. Internationally recognised research in five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of three doctoral theses.
6. Supervision of academic staff members involved in RDC activities.
7. Participation in the research-organisational activities of international dimension.
8. Participation in the development of specialist terminology or in the organisation thereof.
9. Development of skills necessary for RDC activities, and professional development.
Teaching and activities related to the administration and development of teaching, at least 5% of working time
1. Teaching of primarily master’s and doctoral students, using modern teaching methods and educational technology, and supervision of students, incl. doctoral students. Doctoral dissertations have been defended under the supervision of the research professor in five years.
2. Ensuring the availability of future academic staff in the field.
3. Professional development to enhance teaching and supervising skills.
Participation in university governance and institutional development, at least 5% of working time
Social and public activities, at least 5% of working time.
See also job description .
Echo Tech Noninvasive Cardiology Per Diem 8 Hour Days (Union), University of Southern California, United States, about 9 hours ago
Minimum Education: Completion of program related to sonography with emphasis on echocardiography. Minimum Experience/Knowledge: Minimum of one year experience in performing Echocardiagrams, Stress...
Cardiac Sonographer Regular Part Time $5,000 Sign On Bonus, University of Alabama at Birmingham, United States, about 17 hours ago
CARDIAC SONOGRAPHER REGULAR PART TIME $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS - (T62488) Description To perform high quality diagnostic adult cardiac ultrasound examinations, ranging in complexity from basic to adva...
149470 Professor With Special Responsibilities Within Veterinary Clinical Pathology (Fixed Term, 5 Years), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences The University seeks to appoint a professor with special responsibilities within Veterinary Clinical Pathology to ...
Assistant Professor In Clinical Muscle Physiology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
The Department is organized in 10 divisions: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Surgery, Neuropediatrics, Pediatric Oncology, Neonatology, Reproductive Endoc...
Bioinformatics Scientist, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 23 hours ago
Bioinformatics Scientist UPCI Research Lab-Oesterreich - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (19003856) The Women's Cancer Research Center is seeking a Computational Biologist/Bioinformatics Scientist (prog...
Director, Moody College Of Communication Career Center, University of Texas at Austin, United States, 8 days ago
Job Posting Title: Director, Moody College of Communication Career Center ---- Hiring Department: Moody College of Communication ---- Position Open To: All Applicants ---- Weekly Scheduled Hours: ...