The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering invites applications for a professor (tenured or tenure track) position in Metal Processing.
The goal of the position is to enhance the development of the respective field (production of metals and metal alloy; metal and metal alloy processing methods; implementation and technological solutions), as well as the future scientists, within the university and in the region. The position ensures regular curriculum implementation at all higher education levels. The position is actively involved in teaching, research and development activities in the metal processing field, as well as in activities serving public interests.
- implementation and organisation of R&D in the metal processing field, leading of research topics;
- development of cooperation with other R&D institutions, as well as business enterprises;
- development of the material basis required for R&D in the metal processing field;
- balanced teaching, research and development activities in industrial engineering subjects in compliance with the Academic Career Management ;
- supervision of Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor’s level students in conducting independent research;
- publication of the research and development results;
- teaching (at BSc, MSc and PhD level) and development of studies by using up-to-date methodologies and educational technology in the following metal processing study programmes: Materials Engineering (Level I); Technology of Engineering Materials (Level I); Technologies for Metals and Engineering Ceramics (Level I); Welding Technology (Levels I and II); Metal Shaping Processes (Level II); High-tech Materials (Level III);
- organisation and development of academic studies in the field, as well as taking full responsibility for the quality thereof;
- the proposed fields of R&D include: research on the technology of composite materials (incl. carbide composites) for complicated working conditions; improvement of the reliability characteristics of composite materials (cemented carbides, cermets); development of multiphase tribomaterials and their manufacturing technologies (powder metallurgy, additive manufacturing); development of the friction stir welding tool material and manufacturing technology.
- participation in the work of national and international professional decision-making bodies and committees;
- cooperation with the editorial boards of scientific journals, reviewing research articles;
- popularisation of one's speciality and area of research;
- conducting in-service training in the field.
Requirements for the candidate
- certified Production Engineer certificate;
- R&D experience as an applicant, person responsible or principal executor required;
- experience as a person responsible for implementation of business agreements required;
- member of management bodies of industry related professional associations;
- management experience at a production plant in a senior or middle management position;
- research published in international level journals, incl. more than five ETIS category 1.1 and/or 3.1 articles published in the last five years;
- successful supervision of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral theses.
The post is available in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. The candidates are assessed based on their suitability for the post. Their past performance as well as the length of the career are taken into account.
More detailed information on this vacancy and on the way this job fits in the Department’s strategy can be obtained from Associate ProfessorKristo Karjust, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following application documents are required (in English):
- an application;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio ;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
Documents should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com .
Solid Mechanics Faculty Position In The Mechanical Engineering Program, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 20 hours ago
This position targets high level candidates in Solid Mechanics with applications to: Metallic materials, high-performance computing, numerical methods and applied mathematics for solid mechanics, ...
Ktp Associate Researcher Wolf Systems, Coventry University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
This is an exciting opportunity for an MSc/PhD candidate to work with Coventry University & Wolf Systems Ltd, on an approved Innovate UK Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project. The successfu...
Studio Technician, College Of Arts And Creative Enterprises, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
The Opportunity The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks an incumbent for the position of Studio Technician, who is responsible for the provision of technical support to faculty and stud...
Assistant Professor, Department Of Art & Art History, Wesleyan University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number F00231 Position Title Assistant Professor, Department of Art & Art History Department Art and Art History-1074 Job Category Faculty Pos...
Carpenter, University of Virginia, United States, about 1 hour ago
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Managemen...
Senior Lecturer In Manufacturing Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...