The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering invites applications for a professor (tenured or tenure track) position in Metal Processing.
The goal of the position is to enhance the development of the respective field (production of metals and metal alloy; metal and metal alloy processing methods; implementation and technological solutions), as well as the future scientists, within the university and in the region. The position ensures regular curriculum implementation at all higher education levels. The position is actively involved in teaching, research and development activities in the metal processing field, as well as in activities serving public interests.
- implementation and organisation of R&D in the metal processing field, leading of research topics;
- development of cooperation with other R&D institutions, as well as business enterprises;
- development of the material basis required for R&D in the metal processing field;
- balanced teaching, research and development activities in industrial engineering subjects in compliance with the Academic Career Management ;
- supervision of Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor’s level students in conducting independent research;
- publication of the research and development results;
- teaching (at BSc, MSc and PhD level) and development of studies by using up-to-date methodologies and educational technology in the following metal processing study programmes: Materials Engineering (Level I); Technology of Engineering Materials (Level I); Technologies for Metals and Engineering Ceramics (Level I); Welding Technology (Levels I and II); Metal Shaping Processes (Level II); High-tech Materials (Level III);
- organisation and development of academic studies in the field, as well as taking full responsibility for the quality thereof;
- the proposed fields of R&D include: research on the technology of composite materials (incl. carbide composites) for complicated working conditions; improvement of the reliability characteristics of composite materials (cemented carbides, cermets); development of multiphase tribomaterials and their manufacturing technologies (powder metallurgy, additive manufacturing); development of the friction stir welding tool material and manufacturing technology.
- participation in the work of national and international professional decision-making bodies and committees;
- cooperation with the editorial boards of scientific journals, reviewing research articles;
- popularisation of one's speciality and area of research;
- conducting in-service training in the field.
Requirements for the candidate
- certified Production Engineer certificate;
- R&D experience as an applicant, person responsible or principal executor required;
- experience as a person responsible for implementation of business agreements required;
- member of management bodies of industry related professional associations;
- management experience at a production plant in a senior or middle management position;
- research published in international level journals, incl. more than five ETIS category 1.1 and/or 3.1 articles published in the last five years;
- successful supervision of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral theses.
The post is available in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. The candidates are assessed based on their suitability for the post. Their past performance as well as the length of the career are taken into account.
More detailed information on this vacancy and on the way this job fits in the Department’s strategy can be obtained from Associate ProfessorKristo Karjust, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following application documents are required (in English):
- an application;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio ;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
Documents should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com .
Experimental And Numerical Study On Fretting Fatigue Behaviour Of Additively Manufactured Metal Parts, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
Additive manufacturing (AM) is becoming a game-changing technology with enormous potential impact on the range of available designs, enabling new component capabilities that cannot be realized wit...
Workshop Master For The Metal Workshop, Aalto University, Findland, about 5 hours ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Senior Lecturer In Metal Toxicology , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
The Institute of Environmental Medicine (IMM) is a department at Karolinska Institutet and an interdisciplinary research institution within the broad field of environmental medicine. IMM conducts ...
Senior Researcher Atomic Manipulation And Spectroscopy Group, ICN2, Spain, about 3 hours ago
Description of Group/Project: The AMS group focus on the atomic-scale engineering of the quantum properties of novel nanomaterials. At the nanoscale, the properties of materials are dominated by q...
Shape Controlled Thorium Dioxide Precipitation Routes, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
Introduction: The increasing interest of thorium in the recent years is due to its promising application in several fields including nuclear fuel, catalyst, nuclear medicine, optical coatings, etc...
Program Officer Deadline 01.30.20, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 9 hours ago
The National Institute of General Medical Sciences, The National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland Position Description: The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) is lookin...