The Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture of Tallinn University of Technology invites applications for a professor position in Marine Structures and Technology.
The Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture has excellent opportunities for research and teaching in the field of indoor climate of buildings, construction engineering, environmental engineering, transport engineering, engineering graphics, logistics and other construction-related fields.
The goal of the tenured professor position is to conduct and develop teaching and research in the field of marine structures and technology, to initiate and implement R&D projects in cooperation with the maritime sector, and to contribute to the growth of the international reputation of the Estonian maritime sector.
Research and related development activities:
- organizing and conducting R&D in the field of marine structures and technology, management of research topics;
- organizing the development of the material base for R&D in the field of marine structures and technology;
- publication of R&D results, work as an expert in the field of marine structures and technology;
- supervising doctoral students, master students and bachelor students in conducting independent research;
- developing cooperation with other R&D institutions and companies;
- expected directions of research and development: assessment of the two-way interaction between marine structures and the external environment (air, water, ice, soil); development of experimental and computational methods for the development and analysis of marine structures and ships; development of technical concepts and solutions that meet modern requirements.
Teaching and related development activities:
- conducting teaching and teaching development activities at a modern methodological and educational technological level in the field of marine structures and technology;
- organizing academic teaching and teaching development activities and being responsible for their level in the field.
For more detailed information on the position, please contact Jarek Kurnitski, Head of the Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture email@example.com .
- PhD degree in the research field related to marine structures and technology;
- previous international experience in the research field;
- experience in research and development as an applicant for a research topic and a PI;
- experience in pedagogical work, incl. supervising master’s and doctoral theses;
- level and citation of scientific publications is at a comparable level in the same field as the professors of the university’s comparison universities (Aalto University, Chalmers University and Technical University of Denmark);
- effective supervision of doctoral theses;
- language skills: English (fluent written and oral), Estonian is useful for conducting teaching and necessary in the long run.
To apply for this job please send the following documents in English by 15.08.2021 at the latest by using the link :
- an application;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered important by the applicant.
Regarding further information on the application documents and recruitment process please contact TalTech HR firstname.lastname@example.org .
University LecTurer Of EsToNian, University of Helsinki, Belgium, about 16 hours ago
The University of Helsinki is Finland’s oldest and largest academic institution, an international scholarly community of 40,000 students and researchers. In international university rankings, the ...
Full Professor Technology Enhanced Learning And Instruction (Teli), University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
The University of Twente (UT) invites learning scientists with an excellent research and teaching record to apply for the position of FullProfessorTechnology Enhanced Learning and Instruction (TEL...
Electronic Warfare Mission Data Engineer Elsys, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 16 hours ago
Submit Resume ID:496901 Type:Researchers Location:Other Categories:Algorithm Development, Antenna, Electromagnetics, Electronic Warfare, Radar, RF, Testing, Aerospace, Aircraft, Avionics, Threat S...
Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer w...
Information Technology Director, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Job location: Beijing, China Supervisor: Executive Dean and Chief Operating Officer Description of the Position The IT Director is responsible for overseeing the Schwarzman Scholars Program (SSP) ...
Services Representative Ask Otago (Christchurch), University of Otago, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Assistant Research Fellow-2101787 DEPARTMENT OF MARINE SCIENCE Who we are We are a multidisciplinary department with research strengths in both biological and physical marine sciences. We focus on...