The Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology invites applications for a professor (tenure track) position in Food Technology. We seek an exceptional individual with expertise and a track-record in multi-disciplinary research. The position is expected to be filled at Assistant Professor level, but applicants at all levels of professor rank will be considered. The appointee will be required to teach and supervise BSc*, MSc and PhD students; develop the curriculum, mentor post-docs, conduct research in important areas of food science and technology, collaborate with other research groups and stimulate research activities at TalTech.
* The Bachelor's curriculum is in Estonian
The Department offers
- modern working environment;
- access to relevant infrastructure (computer cluster, molecular biology labs, analytical instruments, etc.).
Requirements for the candidate
- PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
- postdoctoral experience;
- proven competence in food technology and science;
- interest and experience in teaching and supervising (BSc, MSc and PhD level);
- independent research experience;
- good publication record;
- excellent teaching skills;
- ability to apply for and obtain funding from national as well as from international sources;
- ability to work independently and to cooperate with others.
- experience in supervising PhD students;
- research leadership experience and experience in coordinating research activities;
- remarkable ability to initiate and attract collaboration projects with the food industry.
More detailed information on this vacancy and on the way this job fits in the Department’s strategy can be obtained from Prof. Toomas Paalme, [email protected] .
The following application documents are required (in English):
- an application;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio ;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
Documents should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] .
Maritime Transport Tenured Professor, TalTech, Estonia, 2 days ago
The TalTech Estonian Maritime Academy invites applications for a professor position in Maritime Transport. The objective of the professorship is to lead research and development and to implement s...
Construction Engineering Tenured Professor, TalTech, Estonia, 2 days ago
The aim of the Tenured Professor is to organise the studies of civil engineering students at Tartu College to ensure science-based teaching, research and development in the field of construction e...
Hardware Security Senior Researcher, TalTech, Estonia, 2 days ago
Position description Key area: Information and communication technologies Structure: School of Information Technologies: Department of Computer Systems Field: Hardware Security Position: Senior Re...
Assistant Professor Of Cover Cropping For Soil Fertility And Mitigation Of Climate Change, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering an assistant professorship position within cover cropping for soil fertility and mitigati...
ProFessor Or AsSistAnt / AsSoCiAte ProFessor, NuTriTion, MoLecuLar NuTriTion, University of Helsinki, Belgium, 3 days ago
The University of Helsinki is the largest university in Finland, which seeks solutions for global challenges and creates new ways of thinking for the best of humanity. We are one of the best mult...
Faculty Positions In Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence For Deep Genomics Analysis For Biology, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 2 days ago
Position Description: The Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division (BESE) at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) is accepting applications for several fac...