The Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology invites applications for a professor (tenure track) position in Food Technology. We seek an exceptional individual with expertise and a track-record in multi-disciplinary research. The position is expected to be filled at Assistant Professor level, but applicants at all levels of professor rank will be considered. The appointee will be required to teach and supervise BSc*, MSc and PhD students; develop the curriculum, mentor post-docs, conduct research in important areas of food science and technology, collaborate with other research groups and stimulate research activities at TalTech.
* The Bachelor's curriculum is in Estonian
The Department offers
- modern working environment;
- access to relevant infrastructure (computer cluster, molecular biology labs, analytical instruments, etc.).
Requirements for the candidate
- PhD (or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
- postdoctoral experience;
- proven competence in food technology and science;
- interest and experience in teaching and supervising (BSc, MSc and PhD level);
- independent research experience;
- good publication record;
- excellent teaching skills;
- ability to apply for and obtain funding from national as well as from international sources;
- ability to work independently and to cooperate with others.
- experience in supervising PhD students;
- research leadership experience and experience in coordinating research activities;
- remarkable ability to initiate and attract collaboration projects with the food industry.
More detailed information on this vacancy and on the way this job fits in the Department’s strategy can be obtained from Prof. Toomas Paalme, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following application documents are required (in English):
- an application;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio ;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
Documents should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com .
Assistant Professor Ethics Of Technology, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for Are you our enthousiastic practical philosopher and inspiring teacher working in the area of ethics of technology and do you publish in reputed scientific journals? Do you have ...
Professor Of Algebra With Applications In Discrete Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 5 hours ago
DTU Compute’s Section for Mathematics invites applications for an appointment as Professor of Algebra with Applications in Discrete mathematics. The Section for Mathematics covers mathematical dis...
Assistant/Associate Professor Economics Of Food Supply Chains (Tenure Track) , Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for The Business Economics Group at Wageningen University is looking for a Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor Economics of Food Supply Chains. We ask candidates to apply if ...
Professor In Continuum Modelling, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 5 hours ago
The Department of Energy Conversion and Storage (DTU Energy) at Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position as professor in the area of continuum modelling. DTU Energy is f...
Research/Education Employee, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for Three food sciences groups, i.e. Food Chemistry (FCH), Food Process Engineering (FPE) and Food Physics (FPH) are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic research / education e...
Assistant Professor Molecular Ecology (Tenure Track), Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 1 day ago
We are looking for Within the Chair group of Nematology, we have a vacancy for an assistant professor. We are looking for candidates with expertise and hands-on experience in (soil) molecular ecol...