Duties and responsibilities
Teaching at least 25% of working time.
- Teaching Art History and Art Theory using modern teaching methods at all levels of higher education.
- Supervising students, primarily master’s and doctoral students.
- Doctoral dissertations will be defended under the supervision of the professor within five years.
- Ensuring the continuation of academic staff.
- Activities related to the administration and development of teaching in the field of Art History and Art Theory.
- Teaching development, compiling of teaching materials.
- Professional development to enhance teaching and supervising skills.
Research at least 40% of working time.
- High-level R&D activities in the framework of modern theories and methods, incl. leading R&D activities if the field of Art History and Art Theory, ensuring that necessary resources, incl. research funding, are available.
- Main areas of research: Art History and Art Theory in the Western tradition from Antiquity to the Enlightenment.
- Directing a research field or a part of it and within this work, supervising other academic staff.
- International-level research in the volume equivalent to at least two doctoral theses in five years.
- Participation in International research-organisational activities, incl. taking part in collaboration networks, work in the editorial boards of research publications or as a reviewer, work as an expert in foreign institutions (e.g. evaluating academic institutions, evaluating academic staff or allocating research grants), organising international research conferences.
- Cooperation with other Estonian research and development institutions.
- Participation in the development and organisation of terminology of the discipline.
- Development of skills necessary for R&D activities, and professional development.
Governance at least 10% of working time.
- Activities related to the governance and institutional development of the university, incl. participation in the work of academic and administrative decision-making bodies, performine at least one management function at the university, professional development to enhance management skills.
Social activities at least 5% of working time.
- Popularising the speciality: activities promoting the knowledge and valuation of Art History and Art Theory for different target groups (incl. young people).
- Advisably, initiating projects that aim to apply the expert knowledge of the specialisation for the benefit of society.
- Participation in activities related to the promotion and application of their specialisation, professional societies and networks on a national or international level.
More information: job description .
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor In Art History, Department Of Visual Studies, LINGNAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of ...
Lecturer In Social, Economic, Or Work And Organizational Psychology, Tilburg University, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Lecturer in Social, Economic, or Work and Organizational Psychology Lecturer in Social, Economic, or Work and Organizational Psychology Published Deadline Location 16 Sep 5 Oct Tilburg The departm...
Assistant Professor Specialized In The Architecture Of 18th, 19th And 20th Century, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Department: Department of Art History – Faculty of Arts Deadline: 15 Nov 2022 Start date: 1 December 2022 (negotiable) Job type: part-time Job field: Science and research | Education and school...
Lecturer In Contemporary Art History (Asia, The Middle East, North Africa) Ac8884 Mr , University of St Andrews ;, Sao Tome and Principe, 4 days ago
Start: 4 January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Contemporary Art History (1980-present day), with expertise in any field of visual culture or media ...
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor In Materials Science And Engineering , ShanghaiTech University ;, China, 25 days ago
ShanghaiTech University ShanghaiTech University calls for candidates with exceptional academic records or demonstrated strong potential to fill tenure-track/tenured faculty position in cutting-edg...
Teaching Assistant In Thermodynamics And Heat Transfer (M/F/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 8 days ago
08.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal As of now, we are looking to extend our team with a full time Teaching Assistant in Thermodynamics and Heat transfer (m/f/d). The position should be filled ...