We are inviting a Postdoctoral Researcher candidate to do research in the Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics, Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech). The candidate is expected to contribute to the existing projects with the focus on analysing and publishing research results in highly ranked research journals.
Proposed postdoctoral research topic: Interactions between Charging Facilities of Electric Vehicles and the Power Distribution System Concerned.
Supervisor: Professor Fushuan Wen, co-supervisor: Professor Ivo Palu
- Modeling of charging loads of electric vehicles (EVs);
- Analysis on the impacts of EV charging loads on the power distribution system concerned;
- Assessment and enhancement strategies of the accommodating capability of a power distribution system for EVs;
- Optimal planning of charging facilities of EVs;
- Coordinated planning of EV charging facilities and the power distribution system concerned;
- Dispatching and control strategies of EV charging/discharging loads;
- Participations of EV charging loads in electricity and ancillary service markets;
- Applications of the developed theory and algorithms to an actual power system with massive EVs integrated.
To be suitable for this Postdoctoral Researcher position, the candidate must have received his/her PhD degree no later than five years from commencement of employment in the position at TalTech.
What we offer:
- the Postdoctoral Researcher position will be granted for 24 months with a possibility of extension up to 12 months;
- the gross monthly salary for the position is 2000 euros;
- a workplace and related hardware and software tools for research;
- supervision by Professors and support from colleagues.
In addition, supplementary remuneration can be granted for personal achievement and performance.
For further information, please contact Professor Ivo Palu, firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor FuhuanWen, email@example.com .
The following application documents are required (in English):
- a motivation letter (max 3 A4 pages) to state why he/she is interested in the research topics described and why he/she is the right person for the Postdoctoral Researcher position at TalTech;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- a copy of the relevant educational certificate (PhD degree);
- a list of grants and projects the candidate has participated in (including project title, financing organisation, budget of the project).
Documents should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Research Assistant In Stability And Control Of Grid Interactive Power Converters (2019 224 02302), Aalborg University, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology, a 2-year position as Research Assistant in Stability and Control of Grid-Interactive Power Converters is open for appoin...
Postdoc In Optimal Dispatch Of Integrated Electricity And Heat System, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
Apply no later than 30 June 2019 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online The Centre for Electric Power and Energy (CEE) at the Department of Electric...
Postdoc In Islanded Energy Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
The Department of Electrical Engineering invites applicants for a Postdoc position at our Center for Electric Power and Energy (CEE). Center for Electric Power and Energy provides cutting edge res...
Postdoc In Hybrid Control Of Multi Robot Systems, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Post Doctoral Position In Data Driven Predictive Maintenance For Power Grids, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, about 14 hours ago
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. It is renowned for its excellent education, its cutting-edge fundamental research and its efforts to p...
Postdoc In Control And Grid Integration Of Energy Storage Systems, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
SDU Electrical Engineering Section (SDU EE) invites applications for a position in Odense as Postdoc in Control and Grid Integration of Energy Storage Systems. SDU EE is part of the Mads Clausen I...