We are inviting a Postdoctoral Researcher candidate to do research in the Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics, Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech). The candidate is expected to contribute to the existing projects with the focus on analysing and publishing research results in highly ranked research journals.
Proposed postdoctoral research topic: Interactions between Charging Facilities of Electric Vehicles and the Power Distribution System Concerned.
Supervisor: Professor Fushuan Wen, co-supervisor: Professor Ivo Palu
- Modeling of charging loads of electric vehicles (EVs);
- Analysis on the impacts of EV charging loads on the power distribution system concerned;
- Assessment and enhancement strategies of the accommodating capability of a power distribution system for EVs;
- Optimal planning of charging facilities of EVs;
- Coordinated planning of EV charging facilities and the power distribution system concerned;
- Dispatching and control strategies of EV charging/discharging loads;
- Participations of EV charging loads in electricity and ancillary service markets;
- Applications of the developed theory and algorithms to an actual power system with massive EVs integrated.
To be suitable for this Postdoctoral Researcher position, the candidate must have received his/her PhD degree no later than five years from commencement of employment in the position at TalTech.
What we offer:
- the Postdoctoral Researcher position will be granted for 24 months with a possibility of extension up to 12 months;
- the gross monthly salary for the position is 2000 euros;
- a workplace and related hardware and software tools for research;
- supervision by Professors and support from colleagues.
In addition, supplementary remuneration can be granted for personal achievement and performance.
For further information, please contact Professor Ivo Palu, firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor FuhuanWen, email@example.com .
The following application documents are required (in English):
- a motivation letter (max 3 A4 pages) to state why he/she is interested in the research topics described and why he/she is the right person for the Postdoctoral Researcher position at TalTech;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- a copy of the relevant educational certificate (PhD degree);
- a list of grants and projects the candidate has participated in (including project title, financing organisation, budget of the project).
Documents should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Post Doctor Position In Power System Protection And Control In Digital Substations, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 000 employees and 40 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. About the position...
Postdoc In Offshore Wind Power Grid Connection And Integration, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
- Come join the team that will solve one of the biggest challenges of wind power today The Department of Wind Energy at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU Wind Energy) is seeking one or two ...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical And Computer Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and...
PostdocToral ReSearcher In Indigenous SusTainAbIlItIes (Helsus), University of Helsinki, Belgium, about 6 hours ago
The University of Helsinki – among the best in the world Founded in 1640, the University of Helsinki is one of the top 100 multidisciplinary research universities in the world. The Faculty of Arts...
Postdoctoral Position On Ai, Machine Learning And Control Methods For Navigation Of Electric Vehicles, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
Information about the project and the division The Division of Data Science and AI division at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology and the Unive...
Ph D Research Fellow In Industrial Signal Processing, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
About the position We have a vacancy for up to two positions as PhD in industrial Siganl processing The position reports to Head of department Main duties and responsibilities The framework Indust...