Duties and responsibilities
- The principal tasks of the Lecturer shall consist of teaching at all levels of higher education, using modern teaching methods and educational technology.
- Supervising students at the first and second level of higher education.
- Teaching development.
- Activities related to the administration and development of teaching.
- Professional development, incl. to enhance teaching and supervising skills.
- Participation in RDC activities of the faculty, usually under the supervision of a professor or an associate professor.
- Research in five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of 2/3 of a doctoral thesis.
- Popularization of the specialization.
- Participation in the work of the university’s decision-making bodies.
See also job description .
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
See also requirements for teaching and research staff .
- Ability to teach at the first two levels of higher education, incl. to supervise students of the first and second level of higher education.
- Earlier teaching experience in an institution of higher education. Experience in supervising students and teaching e-courses is recommended.
- Knowledge of modern study aids, learning environments, learning methods and their development opportunities.
- Internationally recognised professional research, the volume of which is equivalent to that of at least one doctoral thesis.
Required language skills
English. According to the Language Act, academic staff with foreign citizenship working in Estonia must have acquired at least B1-level Estonian language skills after five years of work. The Centre for Professional Development offers foreigners and their family members the opportunity to participate in Estonian language courses.
Starting at 01.01.2022.
Salary: Remuneration based on UT Salary Rules.
See also UT salary rules .
Kristiina Tõnnisson, email@example.com .
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet ) following documents:
Number of copies: 1
See also Application documents and notification of results
Web site for additional job details
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer In English Language , The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen ;, China, 7 days ago
School of Humanities and Social Science now invites applications and nominations for: Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in English Language (Ref.AC2021/016/01) The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhe...
Professor Of Language Didactics, In Particular English (Pa2021/1715), University of Lund, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg ...
Assistant Professor Of English Linguistics, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 14 hours ago
Are you an ambitious academic with broad teaching and research expertise and a focus on English language learning and teaching, who would like to join our English Linguistics group? Then you may b...
Assistant Or Assistant Professor For The Department Of Czech Language And Literature , Masaryk University, Czech, about 23 hours ago
Dean of the Faculty of Education Masaryk University announces in accordance with § 77 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll. the tender for a position of Assistant or Assistant Professor at the Department of C...
Assistant Professor Of The Clinic Of Surgical Oncology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of Surgical Oncology – Faculty of Medicine Deadline 30 Jul 2021 Start date upon agreement The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection proc...
Assistent Professor Of The Clinic Of Surgical Oncology Of The Faculty Of Medicine Mu , Masaryk University, Czech, about 23 hours ago
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University appoints a selection procedure for the position Assistant Professor of the Clinic of Surgical Oncology of the Faculty of Medicine MU(with ...