Duties and responsibilities
- Lecturing and conducting seminars in the field of Big Data and relational databases on all levels of higher education.
- Supervising research work of students.
- Participating in the research activities of the Chair of Data Science, Institute of Computer Science.
- Participation in the work of the university’s decision-making bodies is recommended.
- Engaging in science outreach activities.
See also job description .
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
See also requirements for teaching and research staff .
- Candidates are expected to have teaching experience in higher education establishments on the Bachelor’s and/or Master’s levels.
- Teaching experience for relational databases, NoSQL databases and Big Data Systems are required.
- Research experience and publications in the field of Big Data technologies and/or big data analytics or a related field is essential.
- A track record of publications in highly reputable venues in the field of Big Data or a related field is desirable.
- Experience in supervising students and conducting e-learning is also highly desirable.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English is required. Estonian is recommended but not required. According to the Language Act, academic staff with foreign citizenship working in Estonia must have acquired at least B1-level Estonian language skills after five years of work. The Centre for Professional Development offers foreigners and their family members the opportunity to participate in Estonian language courses.
Starting at 01.12.2021.
Salary: From 2500 to 3000 euros (gross) per month, depending on qualifications and work experience. This amount is subject to taxation at a 20% flat tax rate. The total annual payroll is 40 000 - 50 000 euros, which includes employer’s taxes.
See also UT salary rules .
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
Further information can be provided by Professor Ahmed Awad, email@example.com .
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; postal address: 18 Ülikooli St, Tartu 50090 ESTONIA; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet ) following documents:
Number of copies: 1
See also Application documents and notification of results
Web site for additional job details
Asst Director, Social Svc Annex, Temple University, United States, about 21 hours ago
Asst Director, Social Svc Annex - (21003470) Description The Social Service Annex (SS Annex) is dedicated to empowering students who self-identify as in need of supportive services. The SS Annex o...
Academic English Instructor , Zhejiang University ;, China, 5 days ago
About Zhejiang University & ZJU International Campus Founded in 1897, Zhejiang University (ZJU) is one of China's oldest and most prestigious universities. It is a member of the country's elite C9...
Datadriven Control Of Sustainable Power Systems, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, about 2 hours ago
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We...
Associate Professor In Modern/Contemporary English Language Literature, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
About the job A full-time, permanent position as Associate Professor in modern/contemporary English-language literature is available with the English section of the Department of Language and Lite...
Researcher In Computational Linguistics, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
Published: 2021-10-07 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...
Lecturers In Media Studies (0.8 0.8 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has established an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative university offering high-quality teaching and researc...