Information and communication technologies
School of Information Technologies
Internet of Intelligent Things
Estonia is the homeland of pioneering ICT solutions which include Skype, e-identity, e-health, and e-governance. Building on these successes, the Estonian ICT industry and academia are fostering cutting-edge research topics in the area of Internet of Intelligent Things (IOIT). The research activities will aim at creating new opportunities for application domains including healthcare and wellbeing, automotive, robotics and communication technologies.
The School of Information Technologies at Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is looking for Postdoctoral Researchers for the topics listed below. Successful candidates are expected to perform basic and applied research and teaching related to IoT with a focus on embedded artificial intelligence and machine learning, sensor fusion, design of dependable intelligent devices under IoT application constraints, intelligent networked control systems and IoT communication protocols, among others.
Topic IMECC - Intelligent Mobile Edge Computing and Communication for Autonomous Drones
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) are among the fastest developing and the most promising applications for autonomous systems. They are rapidly underpinning novel services and businesses and urgently require solutions for a spectrum of scientific problems. In the topic of Intelligent Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) and Communication for Autonomous Drones, IT researchers at TalTech tightly collaborate with industry and international partners to build competences and application-ready frameworks for complex autonomous swarms of drones. New researchers will be involved in one or several sub-topics listed below:
Distributed Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
• efficient orchestration of computing and communication at the swarm level
• near-sensor computing algorithms and architectures
• optimization for energy efficiency, real-time and low-latency requirements
• cross-layer reliability modelling and enhancement
Radio Communication Architecture
• radio resource and interference management
• dynamic networking and adaptable communication protocols
• mission-based communication coordination strategies in a swarm of drones
• communication-aware HW/SW architectures
System Integration, Test and Validation
• 5G Network – Open Air Interface based 3GPP compliant open platforms
• integration of components, 5G modem, cameras and multi-modal sensors
• Backhaul – plausibility, operational verification
• in-field operation of drones (licenses for flight, measurements, load carrying capabilities, etc.)
• [IMECC-Postdoc] – two vacancies open
• Open call until fulfilment (monthly cut-off on the last day of each month)
• The start date: as soon as possible
• A competitive net salary in a range of 20,000 - 30,000 EUR per year
• 12- to 24-month fixed term full-time contract
• Individual Research Project for one of the three IMECC subtopics
• Individual development and training guided by two supervisors
• Access to Euraxess Estonia Network
• A young and internationally active school with rapid and efficient university e-management, allowing you to concentrate on the essential
The candidates are expected to demonstrate:
• a proven research track record
• ability and interest to collaborate across disciplines
• willingness to cooperate with industry and the public sector
TalTech is an equal opportunity university. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit by email the following documents:
• a Cover Letter;
• documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD) and has acquired the required education;
• a Curriculum Vitae and a List of Publications;
• a Statement of Future Research;
• a Statement of Teaching Interests;
• other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
The documents should be sent by e-mail to eva dot keerov at taltech dot ee eva dot keerov at taltech dot ee email@example.com (please mention explicitly the position identifier e.g. [IMECC-Postdoc]).
After the first phase of selection, the successful candidates will be contacted for further information or will be invited for an on-line interview (e.g. by Skype).
• all administrative and eligibility questions should be directed to eva dot keerov at taltech dot ee eva dot keerov at taltech dot ee firstname.lastname@example.org ,
• for scientific questions, feel free to contact the corresponding scientific coordinators.
The positions will be established within the "ICT programme" project supported by the European Union through European Social Fund.
Type of contract:
Duration of the employment contract:
ASAP, a 12 - to 24 - month fixed term contract
The IMECC project is a collaboration between researchers at the TalTech’s School of IT coordinated by three professors:
Prof. Yannick Le Moullec – is professor of cognitive electronics at Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics, TalTech. His focus in the IMECC project includes methods, techniques and implementation thereof on hardware/software platforms (e.g. software-defined radio) for edge computing/embedded machine learning, etc. He was co-PI of the recently completed H2020 ERA-Chair project “Cognitive Electronics” (COEL) and is currently involved in several national and international research projects. Contact: yannick dot lemoullec at taltech dot ee yannick dot lemoullec at taltech dot ee email@example.com
Prof. Muhammad Mahtab Alam – is professor of communication technologies and research group leader of communication systems at Thomas Johann Seebeck Department of Electronics, Taltech. In IMECC project, he will lead the research and development activities related to radio communication. He is principal investigator in number of on-going multi-million Euros funded projects including closely related to IMECC, NATO-SPS-G5482 “CounterTerror” project. He is currently supervising couple of postdocs and number of PhD students in the area of communication systems. Contact: muhammad dot alam at taltech dot ee muhammad dot alam at taltech dot ee firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Maksim Jenihhin – is professor of computing systems reliability at the Department of Computer Systems of TalTech. In the IMECC project, he focuses on innovative edge and fog computing systems architectures and their analysis ranging from technology and chip-level (e.g. VHDL, FPGA, GPU) to the system-of-systems level (e.g. a swarm of autonomous drones). Prof. Jenihhin is a project coordinator for H2020 RESCUE - Interdependent Challenges of Reliability, Security and Quality in Nanoelectronic Systems Design. Contact: maksim dot jenihhin at taltech dot ee maksim dot jenihhin at taltech dot ee email@example.com
Location of the IoIT positions is Tallinn, Estonia. This is one of the fastest-growing IT hubs in Europe and home to The European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT systems (eu-LISA) as well as the NATO Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence. Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is the flagship academic institution of Estonian ICT research, engineering and technology education. Our international faculty and staff form a unique and multidisciplinary team of technological, natural, exact, economic and health sciences. The university has 11,000 students and 1,800 employees and is centrally located in the Estonian capital city of Tallinn. More information about Tallinn University of Technology: https://taltech.ee/en Further information about working and living in Estonia can be found: https://www.euraxess.ee/ and http://www.workinestonia.com/.
Eu Funded Postdoc Position In Synthetic Biology For Gas Fermentation, University of Tartu, Estonia, 15 days ago
BACKGROUND The ERA Chair in Gas Fermentation Technologies (GasFermTEC ) was established at the University of Tartu (UT), Estonia with EU-funds (~2.5m€) in 2019 with the aim to address global chal...
Assistant Of Data Science, University of Tartu, Estonia, 1 day ago
Duties and responsibilities Conducting practice sessions and/or seminars at the Bachelor's and Master's level. Supervising students at the Bachelor's and Master's level. Participation in research ...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Mathematics (Statistics) (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 22 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM) for a: Post-Do...
Research Associate , UNC-Chapel Hill, United States, about 12 hours ago
Classification Title: Research Associate Working Title: Research Associate Campus: UNC-Chapel Hill Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: The Institute for the Environment (IE) at the University o...
Research Engineer / Research Associate / Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
Research Engineer / Research Associate / Research Fellow - 00CRD Description The successful candidates will contribute to the development of a dashboard application for drone-based building façade...
Research Associate, University of North Carolina, United States, about 1 hour ago
Posting Information Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF) Department UNC Inst for the Environment-635200 Working Title Research Associate Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty Position Posting Categ...