Reports to: Associate Director for Events technical services
Purpose: The jobholder of this position will be responsible for the setup, operation and management of virtual events/ conferences platform in a team-oriented, fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Search and propos new virtual events platforms to satisfy all the event planner needs
- Conduct analysis for the prices vs needs for each event to propose the best platform that satisfy the requirements
- Act as the focal point for each platform and provide the support for event inquiries
- Point of contact between the event stakeholder and virtual platform service provider
- Provide statistical figures at the end of each quarter for the events occurred along with all the required data
- Conduct meetings with stakeholders to gather and clarify requirements of each event
- Onboard new conferences, tradeshows and mixers onto the platform and set up their accounts
- Deliver a stellar customer experience
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting and product inquires as requested
- Provide ideas for enhancing the virtual platform
- Drive creation of live, recorded, and on-demand event content
- Initiate all event testing and quality control procedures before and during the events
- Deliver post event reports with data-driven analysis including attendee feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements
- Initiate and deliver best practice documents and process improvement documents
- Perform other related duties as requested from direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BSc degree in computer science/ engineering
Minimum of three years of experience in the world of virtual events management
- Demonstrate excellent customer service abilities
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills; ability to work under pressure
- Ability to install new software’s and to guide in installing them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of configuration and operation of video conference endpoints
- Knowledge of networking, multicast and unicast protocol and other relevant protocols
- General knowledge of digital audio and video, streaming media technology
- Processes and delivery of content to current and emerging devices
- Familiarity with collaboration and time management tools
- Experience with process improvement
- Advanced time management and attention to detail
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Constantly strives to improve results
- Thrives in highly ambiguous, very fast-moving environment
- Strong team player, motivated to work collaboratively across a variety of stakeholders
The position is open until Nov 17, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Communications And Event Coordinator, Aalto University, Findland, about 17 hours ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Funded Early Stage Researcher Under The H2020 Msca Itn Gecko Project In The Field Of Energy Data..., PLEGMA LABS, Greece, 13 days ago
Plegma Labs (https://plegmalabs.com ) is seeking to hire a motivated Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) for a three-year full-time paid contract for the GECKO MSCA-ITN project under the HORIZON 2020 cal...
Security Assistant, Campus Physical Development And Services Department, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Description The Opportunity The Campus Physical Development & Services Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Security Assistant to control the movement of people and material within an...
Center Coordinator , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ...
Professorship In Business And Development, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Full Professorship in Business and Development in the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC), with an orientation towards p...
Professorship In International Business (20% Position) , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant part time professorship in International Business at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business. The core resea...