Reports to: AUC President
- Provides leadership to the University's general accounting process including overseeing all matters impacting the University’s financial resources to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information generated
- Full accountability of the overall University financial operations and capital planning through partnering with University leaders in all financial, budgeting and procurement related matters
- Certifies all management representations related to financial accounting, procurement, reporting and required internal controls including annual audits of the University, and fiscal rules
- Provide leadership and accountability in managing the University liability regarding tax implications locally and internationally
- Partner with the AVP for digital innovation to update/automate all financial procurement systems
- Oversees and monitors the University's financial condition and reporting requirements, including but not limited to, quarterly and annual financial reports and other recurring and special reporting as required
- Provides leadership and support to the University's controller in developing written replies and corrective actions in response to external and internal auditors' reports
- Develops, implements and maintains, in conjunction with the controller; internal control and financial reporting policies, standards and procedures that assure the fiscal strength of the University
- Works with the President to ensure that the University community is fully informed of pertinent financial matters
- Oversees the development of the University budget. Research and implement new budget methodologies to effectively allocate resources in alignment with university strategic priorities
- Provides leadership to the executive director for procurement services to ensure efficient and effective university purchasing policies and practices and inventory controls
- Together with the chair of the investment committee provides oversight of the management and risk control of University investments
- Provides leadership to the director, capital planning and budgeting in leading the overall operation and capital budget development process for the University, in addition to chairing the committee of capital planning
- Oversees and serves as the primary financial contact with auditing bodies for the University, including participating in the negotiation of findings with auditors and the development of management responses to findings
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as recommended by the President
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BA in a related field
- MA in business, higher education or a related field
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA) is required
- 20 years of experience working as a financial management leader with demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership, vision, supervision, professional development, and training to ensure individual staff development and achievement of organizational goals and provide high levels of customer-focused services and continuous improvement in the fiscal services area
- 10 years of which were at the senior management level overseeing accounting, reporting, budgeting, audit, capital and debt management in an academic institution. Experience entails also:
- Serving on various leadership councils, committees, and boards
- Constructing business plans and performing feasibility studies and analyses
- Business process review and analysis
- Finance systems function planning and implementation
- Reconciling the fund and accrual accounting processes
Knowledge of accounting requirements for US-accredited universities is expected.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with, provide collaborative leadership, and build effective working relationships with a variety of constituents within and external to the University community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a variety of constituents within and external to the University community
The position is open until January 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to [email protected], stating “Vice President for Finance and CFO” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."
Director, Finance & Administration, Drexel Business Services, Drexel University, United States, 3 days ago
Director, Finance & Administration, Drexel Business Services Apply now Job no: 494401 Work type: Full-Time Location: University City Categories: Finance and Administration, Drexel University, Prof...
Parking Services Officer I, Texas A&M University, United States, 17 days ago
Job Title Temporary Research Assistant-Mohamed Gharib Agency Texas A&M University Department Qatar Campus Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Doha, Ad Dawhah Job Type Temporary/Casua...
Seed Production Manager Grasslanz Technology Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Grasslanz Technology is an agriculture innovation company developing new products and technologies that drive productivity, animal health and environmental sustainability. Driven by world class sc...
Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Patient Logistics & Emergency Services (Job Id #128268), University of Illinois, United States, 6 days ago
Strategic Leadership Actively provide nursing operations consultation and engagement at an institutional level for the Service Line/Groupings for the organization. Participates in defining and dev...
Administrative Assistant Iii , Wesleyan Student Assembly (1.0), Wesleyan University, United States, 3 days ago
Position Information Position Information Job Posting Number S00780 Position Title Administrative Assistant III , Wesleyan Student Assembly (1.0) Department Wesleyan Student Assembly-1113 Job Cate...
Director, Clinical Research Finance (Job Id #127935), University of Illinois, United States, 7 days ago
Participates in strategic planning initiatives and drives effective execution of planning relevant to functional area(s). In collaboration with the Associate Chief Financial Officer, Revenue Cycle...