Reports to: Manager, IT Technical Support Services
Purpose: The jobholder of this job is principally responsible for software installation, technical support of hardware, applications, operating systems, and network – related issues
Software and Hardware
- Perform wide range of software installations including Microsoft OS, and other MS products and antivirus products available under license agreement
- Master Microsoft products troubleshooting (Operating systems and applications) through investigation, research, training and joining interest groups
- Troubleshoot basic LAN systems
- Assess computing needs and provide information to aid in identifying potential use of available computing resources
- Stay updated with new or enhanced technologies; may recommend software/hardware purchases
- Solve problems caused by viruses, spyware, adware and restore PCs to its healthy condition
- Plan for introduction of new initiatives and improvements to current portfolio of services, with appropriate allocation of budget to provide funding for new hardware or software
Recording Incidents and Calls using Ticketing System
- Track and update incidents reported
- Timely and efficient resolution of cases with corrective actions taken
- Maintain up to date record of all faculty, students, and staff personal laptops data on the SILog system support
- Serve as a technical resource focal point to departments; provide basic and routine technical assistance and advice to units, faculty, staff and students with hardware, software and peripheral and answering questions by phone or in person
- Receive users’ problems related to PCs and find solutions either by providing on-line support through phone calls and emails or office visit
- Demonstrate new tools to university departments and interested users
- Add to the database the recurring problems to avoid spending time on repeated issues
- Provide some basic network troubleshooting
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by direct supervisor, manager, and department director
- Attend Internet online seminars and interest groups regarding up-to-date computing technology
- University degree is required
- Microsoft certified professional
- Microsoft certified systems engineer, the Basic Business Skills Acquisition (BBSA).
- Minimum of three years of previous experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic and routine computer operations, common software problems and departmental network connectivity problems
- Communicate basic and routine technical information clearly and concisely both written and orally
- Establish effective working relationships with users, operators, programmers, vendors, and supervisors
- Install, maintain, and configure basic and routine software, hardware, and peripherals
- Read and comprehend technical information relating to proprietary software, hardware, peripherals, and computer or telecommunications hardware
- Design basic and routine queries and reports
- Research industry trends and technology developments, and provide recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent innovative skills
Inter personal skills:
- Ability to work under stress
- Problem solving abilities
The position is open until May 2, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Endpoint Support Analyst, University of Alberta, Canada, about 9 hours ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . This posting will be used to fill multiple positions. This competition is an internal expre...
Technology Support Analyst, University of Oklahoma, United States, about 1 hour ago
Technology Support Analyst - Job Number: 211001 Organization : Information Technology Job Location : Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center Schedule : Full-time Work Schedule: M-F 8-5 Salar...
Systems Support Specialist (It), Arizona State University, United States, about 6 hours ago
67384BR Campus: Tempe Systems Support Specialist(IT) Job Description The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Deans Office is seeking a Systems Support Specialist (IT). The successful applicant wi...
Sr Prin. Database Administrator Ms Sql Dba, City of Hope, Andorra, about 19 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life...
It Support Consultant/Senior It Support Consultant, Brown University, United States, 8 days ago
Job Description: IT Support Consultant/Senior IT Support Consultant Computing and Information Services Provides advanced application, operating system, desktop and mobile hardware, audiovisual, an...
Software Developer, University of Alberta, Canada, about 8 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...