Purpose: The job holder researches and resolves complex student registration or records issues, handles registration exceptions, responds to all certification requests, and coordinates requests across multiple office locations. Interprets and enforces registration rules, service fees and regulations, monitors and reports discrepancies.
- Provide transcripts, enrollment and degree verification by mail, FAX or telephone according to prescribed procedures
- Advises authorized parties concerning student records information in accordance with privacy laws (FERPA) and the University policies
- Charges student appropriate ID replacement fees and service fees according to service requested and number of copies
- Respond daily on students and departments’ inquiries by telephone or email directed to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding instructional standing, certificate issuance problems, and unclear or irregular transcript requests
- Run weekly audit registration reports and previous registration transactions for all campuses to take necessary action to correct discrepancies
- Generate “F” and “I” grade reports off Argos reporting tool to adjust registration as needed
- Process requests for change of student grade records, and incomplete grades in coordination with Evaluation, Testing and Assessment Department - ETAD
- Processes certificate and transcript verifications requests from accredited agencies, after receiving approved learner authorized release forms in coordination with assistant director while ensuring compliance with school policies and privacy laws
- Update daily student services log to monitor service levels for recommendations on improving services
- Follow up on SCE Dean signature and authentication services whenever required by students in coordination with external relations coordinator
- Maintains files in proper order
- Pulls records for processing and refines
- Assist the department assistant director in guiding and training staff and student to newly introduced IT Office solutions as appropriate to the area of operation
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by department assistant director
Minimum Education Requirement:
- ·Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five-seven years of experience in related field
- Excellent command of Arabic and good command of English
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment
- High sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and handle appropriate telephone technology
- Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries and post to computerized records
- Attention to details and implementation of FERPA regulations
- Skill in utilizing IT and related software applications and computerized student information systems is preferred i.e. Telephony system, Banner, Argos
- Excellent analytical skills, proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and power-point and typing/keyboarding proficiency
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Work is normally performed in typical interior/office work environment
- No to very limited exposure to physical effort
The position is open until November 25, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Uowd7846 Manager, Student Engagement And Development Office, University of Wollongong Dubai, UAE, about 9 hours ago
UOWD is currently seeking applications from enthusiastic, dedicated and self-motivated individuals to fill the position of Manager - Student Engagement and Development Office (SEDO). The Manager S...
Assistant Director, University Property Accounting, University of Illinois at Springfield, United States, about 3 hours ago
1. Serve as a significant member of the management team responsible for the overall leadership of University Property Accounting and Reporting (UPAR). Provide advice, counsel, and input into the E...
Laboratory Specialist, Chemistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
DEPARTMENT Department of Chemistry ORGANIZATION NAME College of Arts and Sciences ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital cit...
Administrative Associate Ii Orthopedics Sports Medicine, Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 3 days ago
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical...
Financial Aid Processor/Loans, Arizona State University, United States, 20 days ago
64729BR Campus: Tempe Financial Aid Processor Job Description In a high volume processing environment, a financial aid processor prepares and processes student financial aid files in accordance wi...
Center Coordinator , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ...