Purpose: The jobholder will be principally responsible for technical support, application troubleshooting including Operating systems for both platforms Windows and Apple, software Installation, technical support for basic hardware, and network – related issues.
Software and Hardware
- Perform wide range of software installations including Microsoft OS, other MS products and antivirus products available under license agreement
- Master Microsoft products troubleshooting (Operating systems and applications) through investigation, research, training and joining interest groups
- Troubleshoot LAN systems issues
- Assist with designated computer security systems/password/file protection protocol; work with departments regarding machine security problems.
- Assess computing needs and provide information to aid in identifying potential use of available computing resources.
- Keep abreast of new or enhanced technologies; may recommend software/hardware purchases.
- Solve problems caused by viruses, spyware, adware and restore PCs to its healthy condition
- Plan for introduction of new initiatives and improvements to current portfolio of services, with appropriate allocation of budget to provide funding for new hardware or software Recording Incidents using System Center Service Manger
- Track and update incidents reported by SCSM
- Timely and efficient resolution of cases with corrective actions taken.
- Keep record of all faculty, students and staff personal laptops data on the SILog system Support
- Serve as technical focal point to departments; provide basic and routine technical assistance and advice to units, faculty, staff and students with hardware, software and peripheral and answering questions by phone or in person
- Receive users’ problems related to PCs and find solutions either by providing on-line support through phone calls and emails or office visit.
- Perform home-visit technical support for AUC senior administrators home PCs.
- Demonstrate new tools to university departments and interested users.
- Add to the database the recurring problems to avoid spending time on repeated issues.
- Provide network troubleshooting when needed.
- Ensure the availability of technical support for 24/7
- Join Internet online seminars and interest groups regarding up-to-date computing technology.
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by supervisor, direct manager and department director.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree is required
- Microsoft certified professional
- Microsoft certified systems engineer, the Basic Business Skills Acquisition (BBSA)
- Minimum seven years of related experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic and routine computer operations, common software problems and departmental network connectivity problems
- Communicate basic and routine technical information clearly and concisely both written and orally
- Establish effective working relationships with users, operators, programmers, vendors, and supervisors
- Install, maintain, and configure basic and routine software, hardware and peripherals
- Read and comprehend technical information relating to proprietary software, hardware, peripherals, and computer or telecommunications hardware
- Design basic and routine queries and reports
- Research industry trends and technology developments, and provide recommendations
- Excellent communication skills
Inter personal skills:
- Excellent team worker
- Ability to work under stress
- Problem solving abilities
The position is open until October 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Lead Systems Engineer (Itss) – Contract, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2 days ago
Lead Systems Engineer (ITSS) – Contract - 00DQY Description You will be part of the dynamic team with dual roles as IT business partner and Systems Support specialist. You will be responsible to m...
Arecibo Systems Engineer Ii, University of Central Florida, United States, about 7 hours ago
Located in Arecibo, Puerto Rico, the Systems Engineer II will be responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, and documentation of radio-telescope control computers, its interfaces, and ...
Senior/Principal Software Engineer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Senior/Principal Software Engineer - 00CHK Description A Software Engineer is required in the National Cybersecurity R&D Lab (NCL) in infrastructure and administration, especially in storage, serv...
A/V Support Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job Description AV Support Specialist is responsible to set up, operate and support equipment used for classrooms, exhibitions, conferences and multimedia presentations in United Arab Emirates Uni...
Algorithms For Hardware Aware Neural Architecture Optimization, IMEC, Belgium, 12 days ago
Recent years have seen an explosion in the popularity of deep learning. Deep learning has been the focus of machine learning research as well as a key component in novel industrial applications. ...
Junior Electronic Engineer Position 79186, ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA, Italy, 28 days ago
The Advanced Robotics Research Line at IIT, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, an English-language research Institute, is seeking to appoint an international outstanding Engineer with a strong ambit...