Purpose: As a senior specialist, skills development he/she will handle the learning and professional development of the female beneficiaries. The most important aspect of the job is to monitor the skills development of the female beneficiaries, as well as report and provide recommendations to better improve the program objectives.
- Identify training and development needs for beneficiaries through feedback and analysis, as well as regular consultation with program coordinators
- Follow up with the beneficiaries in terms of skills development throughout the course of the program
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and have discussions with the program Coordinators
- Report on every stage in terms of planned goals versus achieved goals
- Coordinate with trainers and curriculum editors on how to better tailor the program to yield better outputs
- Ensure that the recommendations extracted are applied to the curriculum
- Plan and assess the 'return on investment' of any training or development program
- Design and expand training and development programs based on the needs of the beneficiaries
- Consider the costs of planned programs and keep within budgets
- Devise individual learning plans for the beneficiaries if needed
- Evaluate training and development programs
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings, and attending relevant courses, as well as research
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in business, economics or relevant field
- One to two years of relevant experience in the development field
- Proven experience as skills development or relevant position
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing
- Experience in planning and managing surveys
- Good communication skills in both English and Arabic is a must
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary
- Written and spoken communication skills that will allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- Good presentation skills
- A strong customer-focused background
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Strong team working skills and a collaborative approach to learning, both face-to-face and remotely
- Organizational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Good time-keeping skills and the ability to multitask to enable you to effectively manage training schedules
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and innovative approach to work
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills and a passion for continuing learning and development
The position is open until February 4, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Researcher In The Niem Project On Migrations, CIDOB (Barcelona Centre for International Affairs), Spain, 3 days ago
CIDOB (Barcelona Centre for International Affairs) opens a call to hire a researcher for its area of Migrations, in particular for the NIEM1 project with the possibility of working on other proje...
Agricultural Property Services Coordinator, University of Illinois, United States, about 10 hours ago
Additional responsibilities include: 1. Manage and facilitate all functions related to business, accounting and legal processes for farm property leasing and sales, sales of crops, and the USDA fa...
Software Engineering / Joint Fnr Pearl Chair University Of Luxembourg, Sn T And List, Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 13 days ago
About the SnT SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling inno...
Program Director, Teaching And Learning, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Organization Name College of Medicine and Health Sciences About University Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emi...
Research Project Manager (Operation Manager) , University College Dublin ;, Ireland, 5 days ago
Research Project Manager (Operation Manager), UCD School of Biology and Environmental Science, Fixed term post until 16 September 2023 Applications are invited for a temporary post of a Research P...
Research Project Manager (Operation Manager), Ucd, University College Dublin, Ireland, 16 days ago
Applications are invited for a temporary post of a Research Project Manager (Operation Manager) within UCD School of Biology and Environmental Science. Healthy Oats is an Ireland Wales Co-operatio...