Reports to: Marketing Manager
Purpose: The jobholder will assist the marketing manager with the development and implementation of AUC Press marketing department objectives and strategy with a special focus on enhancing awareness and acquiring new customers.
- Assist the marketing manager with the development, execution and evaluation of the department’s objectives and the strategy for the AUC Press brand, bookstores and individual titles
- Collaborate with North America’s marketing manager by providing support in terms of different marketing tools needed to promote AUC Press titles
- Manage AUC Press marketing support and seasonal promotional strategies to our UK/European and rest of the World (outside Egypt and North America) sales teams. Currently these are Yale Representation (UK), Darnell Sales and Marketing (Europe) and Saltway Global, (Middle East and Asia ROW)
- Coordinate print and online advertising campaigns in UK and European markets to ensure reaching the right audiences at best prices
- Develop possible opportunities to exhibit AUC Press books in relevant international conferences and handle all related logistics with the worldwide distributor NBNi
- Responsible for the department’s activities and communication calendar to ensure timely planning and execution. Make regular updates to the schedule to ensure accuracy and report potential bottlenecks or delays to marketing manager
- Coordinate with marketing team members to oversee all email campaigns including newsletters, announcements, promotions, and review kits according to the communication calendar
- The focal point for external communication to ensure accuracy, proofing and effectiveness
- Provide coaching and supervision for department interns
- Supervise the department and team in the absence of the marketing manager
- Manage the complete marketing plan for individual titles including author contact, review copy management, online and offline announcements as well as promotional activities and events
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervise
Minimum Education Requirement :
- BA, preferably in business administration, marketing or mass communication
- Minimum of five years of experience in a relevant field with a specialization in marketing
- Ability to work under time pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent design software knowledge including InDesign
- Excellent command of both Arabic and English
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, scheduling, and problem solving
The position is open until November 10, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Value Conflicts In A Differentiated Europe: The Impact Of Digital Media On Value Polarisation In..., Scuola Normale Superiore, Italy, 25 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Senior Business Development Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Profile Sales - Business Development Contract Type Permanent Job Purpose Proactively secure and convert new corporate business by actively selling the school of technology programme portfolio....
Doctor Of Business Administration (Dba) Distance Learning Student Supervisors , Stafford Global ;, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
Stafford Global www.staffordglobal.org has been providing distance learning programmes to students from select UK Universities for more than 25 years. Stafford Global is seeking to add to its poo...
Sis Local Coordinator/Sis Lokaal Functioneel Beheerder, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 10 hours ago
Do you have an affinity with ICT systems, enjoy solving puzzles, tackling complex information management issues and analysing data? The Amsterdam University College (AUC) is looking for a tempora...
Advance Study Administrator, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Job summary The ADVANCE Study is a collaborative study between the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC), Stanford Hall, Imperial College London and Kings College London. The Study offers a...
Business Development Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job Profile Sales - Business Development Contract Type Permanent Job Purpose Win new business by actively selling the Professional Qualifications portfolio, (Accountancy and Finance) together with...