Reports to: The Associate Provost for Transformative Learning and Teaching (AP-TLT)
Purpose: Responsible for the bi-annual assessment of Peer Tutoring program and for making relevant recommendations. Responsible for accessing institutional data relevant to AP-TLT’s mandate and analyzing said data to highlight trends. Responsible for organizing and assisting in regular departmental assessment of upperclassmen students. He/she will assist in the assessment of learning spaces, coordinating activities, researching relevant documentation, producing briefs and, in general, assist in the implementation of the various goals and objectives of The American University in Cairo’s (AUC) quality of education.
- Supports the implementation of key projects, programs, and initiatives, while adopting best practices in the formulation of plans and activities to support the implementation
- Assists the Associate Provost for Transformative Learning and Teaching (AP-TLT) with work relevant to task forces or committees that the AP-TLT chairs; responsible for meeting minutes
- Supports the AP-TLT in researching and preparing materials for all meetings, including assisting in creating meeting agendas
- Responsible for AP-TLT’s budget
- Interacts with and assists the Office of the Assistant Provost for Innovative Learning Experiences (ASP-ILE), Academic Integrity (AIO), and the Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT) on budgetary related matters
- Responsible for the formative assessment of the peer tutoring program
- For tutors and tutees:
1. Responsible for organizing and facilitating focus groups including designing questions for focus groups
2. Responsible for analyzing data, making relevant recommendations and submitting reports to ASP-ILE and AP-TLT
- Responsible for organizing and assisting in the bi-annual departmental assessment and feedback of seniors and graduating seniors by organizing the departmental focus groups (6-8 focus groups /semester) for the bi-annual assessment
- Assist CLT with assessments of the new learning spaces and with other logistics when needed.
- Responsible for accessing, analyzing and interpreting institutional data relevant to AP-TLT’s mandate and data driven decision making. This includes:
1. Access Strategy Management and Institutional Effectiveness (SMIE) and BI surveys/data (e.g., grade distribution dashboard, student formative and evaluative assessments, etc.)
2. Accessing CLT’s data (e.g., focus group activities/surveys) to explore AP-TLT’s queries and file relevant reports for AP-TLT as needed
3. Accessing Academic Integrity (AI) Office data (e.g., AI violations and relevant sanctions) to explore AP-TLT’s queries and file relevant reports for AP-TLT as needed
- Create effective narratives when communicating these results, display results in graphic formats and prepare infographics for presentations when needed
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences
- Master’s degree in social sciences or related area is preferred
- 10 years of work experience preferably in an academic setting with at least 3 - 4 years in relevant responsibilities
- Research and data analysis skills is a must
- Ability to leverage data from elsewhere in the university and analyze for various purposes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to prioritize and demonstrate good judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Professionalism such as adaptability, flexibility, dedication and discretion
- Decisiveness and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn, and use new software
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SAP is a must
This position is open until September 27, 2022
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Coordinator Onderwijs (24 40 Uur Interim), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
As program coordinator education you are responsible for the coordination and organization of the enormous palette of the departmental education activities of the APSE. You are involved in the dev...
Assistant Supervisor Purchase Order Invoicing, McGill University, Canada, 15 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Coordinator Onderwijs (24 40 Uur Interim), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
Position Non academic staff (supporting staff) Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Applied Physics and Science Education Service(s) Education and Student Affairs Job description As program coo...
Accounts Payable I | Full Time, Temporary, Emory University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Research Associate Professor Center Of Ibero American Studies, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Arts, Czech, 14 days ago
Job title: Research Associate Professor-AP3 Field and specialization: Latina American Politics, Social Science Methodology Expected salary/job rank: AP 3 Full-time position: 1,0 Job description: E...
Accountant Jr, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 8 days ago
Department: Finance - AP & Payroll FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Days Position Summary: Assists in maintaining records of fiscal and budgetary controls, ledgers, and other transactions. Processes ro...